04 Dodge Caravan with tire pressure monitor problems

04 Dodge Caravan with tire pressure monitor problems
I've checked the pressure and it's right on. My problem is the dash tire pressure warning indicator is lit.
How do I test/check to locate the malfunction?
NotMe wrote:

Probably a bad sensor. You need a reader that can tell you if each one is working. NOT cheap for a DIY item.
--
Steve W.

Any of the aftermarket parts houses provide the service?
NotMe wrote:

Most tire stores have a scan tool for the TPMS, If they would use it to help you out ???
--
Steve W.

Thanks, I've one not far from me that I've used to buy tires for the past 5+ years. if they have one I'm sure they'll do a decent job of checking it for me.

Dis you check the spare too?
beekeep
On 8/2/2011 7:36 AM, beekeep wrote:

Interesting reply! I didn't think that a spare would have a sensor, but if full sized it would have to in order to allow for a five tire rotation pattern.
Why didn't/don't manufacturers standardize their systems so you don't have to buy a slew of very expensive scan tools for TPMS systems? Geeze, talk about trying to lock service to the dealers!
However, TPMS does work. My granddaughter had a problem with a tire loosing air pressure. Took me three tries to find the hole (the 'nail' went in, then came back out leaving an almost invisible hole) but the TPMS would tell her the tire was low so she would come over for air.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Good input but no sensor on the spair.

There is in my Tacoma!
beekeep

Different vehicles different set up. I manually check my tires periodically. If I'm on the road I check before I depart and at least once a day with a walk around at every fuel stop.