04 Dodge Ram 1500 lift kit problem

Page 3 of 3

Camber and Caster are the angles that would cause a pull toe in wouldnt. i would further check to make sure the rest of the of the suspension is tight. take it to a requtable front end shop. sounds like your going to need quality, qualified professional help on this one.

my first guess would be that you have changed your driveline angles. your u joints may be running at too high of an angle. its not a big deal if you know what your doing. but thats the thing you need to know what your doing here too.

sorry cant help you on this one.

your welcome, hope i've been of some help.
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:38:43 -0400, "Chris Thompson"

Actualimproper toe in with a improper camber can indeed pull as iot can aggrevate it. ANd again, stock alignment spec tend to be a starting point with a lift, not the final word because the stress on front end (which does actually flex some) has all changed with a big lift with oversized tires. (it changes the load center relative to axle pivots and the forces the road transmitts back to steering axle relatie to them)

----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

All fasteners were re torqued to specs after 100 miles...everything is dead on. I switched front tires from side to side and it still pulls right slightly. Seems to be less than before the switch tho.

The lift was designed to keep factory drive line angles, the front diff was dropped to compensate, the rear was only lifted ~1" using helper springs, there is no stress on any of the u-joints. I think the vibe is tire related now.

I've lurked here for a while (I've owned dodge trucks for the past 4-5 years) but I don't read posts unless I need info, and I don't feel I know enough to pass info to others. I get the feeling that not many people like the SonMan. Should I be taking his advice - or ? He seems to be very knowledgable on the subject, more so that the service techs at the dealer that I have dealt with.

This is a unmoderated newsgroup. Anybody can give any advice they feel like. YOU have to decide who's advice is good and who's is not. Myself, I'm comfortable with advice and info I've received from Tom Lawrence, Denny, Wiley, Mac, Tbone, theguy, beekeep, JS, mac, chris and a couple of others. I'm sure that if you read back over your thread you will figure out who to listen to.
Roy