04 Durango 5.7 Electronic Problems

Driving along on the freeway with cruise set at 70mph. Abs and Brake light comes on, then after one second the air bag then check engine light comes
on. Next speedo goes out and although does displaying mileage not increasing. Next A\C and blower stop. Try turn signals and brakes and all other things like rev counter, power windows, sunroof and mirrors all work. Pull over turn off engine and wait one minute. Start up and everything works with no warning lights except check engine light which seems to come on randomly anyway. Drive home around 70 miles and stop to get gas. Start engine and this time check engine light goes out. Seems like some sort of electronic or electric short since only somethings stop working.
Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what is wrong? Taken it in for both problems tomorrow and hope there is a fix.
I have also had the engine stall on me at very low speed think goodness or else I would probably not be here.
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Check your fuses. Seems some are not seated very well from the factory. I think there is one in particular, but when this happened to my 04 Durango, I gave each one a good push and the problem has not returned. Your dealer should know about it. Now that you mention it, I had the stalling a couple times early on, but that hasn't happened in a while. Don't know if they are related.
B A R
We were driving a rental D-go a couple of weeks ago and I didn't realize the engine quit until I had no steering.
hi, I have a 04 too 4x4 hemi and , let's said that I am lucking to be ok and the car too, well the main computer that control all the lights horn ,signal ,stop, die while I was driving , I realize when I hit the signal to turn left and I didn't see anything on the dash not even the window would work ... and I had to drive with any kind signal and stop light .. ecc to the dealer :(( risky driving in the middle of highway. bye

You might check the vehicle speed sensor in the transmission. Better to check it now than later. I had to buy a new transmisssion. Same symptoms....
Ceebo