05-07 Dakota 3.9 Fuel milage info

I am interested in hearing other owners fuel mileage,My folks just purchased one and so far there MPG looks bad,like 13-14 highway!

Reply to
Rick Baldwin

Wait till Hillary & the Clinton Machine stench up the White House. You'll be paying $5/gal and more.

Reply to
Broom Hilda

I get 20+ mpg highway with my 07 Dakota, Quad Cab, SLT, V8 (4.7L) and 16-18 mpg city. I don't do a lot of highway but have noticed 21.1 mpg the last time I drove about 15 miles highway time at 65-70 mph with cruise on.

I run Amsoil 5W30 synthetic and QT regular gas and I don't drive like a grand pa. When I test drove the same truck with a V6 in it I felt like the parking brake was on. There is not enough power in the V6 and almost not enough in the 4.7L V8 but it's adequate - nothing more. My other Dakota in a 98 with a 5.2L in it. That truck had the power when I needed it. The new one is not as strong. It drives a whole lot more comfortable and sits higher. I like both versions.

I see they changed the body style again on the 08 Dakota too. That stinks.

Reply to
Abby.Normal

I would disagree with you about the 3.9 not having enough power. My

95 w/a 5 speen manual had pleanty of muscle behind it for what the truck was designed/used for. Made many of trips with it through the Appalacian (sp) Mountains with a moderate load in it and never had a complaint.

I will agree with you though about the 4.7, especially in a Ram, I found it to simply be a dog.

Reply to
azwiley1

Yea, like the current joke of an administration has done any better with oil over $80.00 a barrel. Any way that you want to spin it, the White House has little control over the price of fuel.

Reply to
TBone

The older 3.9V6 does have plenty of power. I never meant to imply it did not. I also owned one of them and am sorry I sold it. I was referring to the new 3.7L V6 - it drives like the brakes are on. I test drove one because I couldn't find one like what I bought. That was hard to say. I was looking for a V8 with a certain list of options. Mine has that list except for the automatic rear view mirror.

No, the 3.9L V6 has nearly as much power as my 4.7L. The new 3.7L V6 has comparable power to the 4 cyl. they put >> I get 20+ mpg highway with my 07 Dakota, Quad Cab, SLT, V8 (4.7L) and >> 16-18

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Ignorant people have potential to adjust by education. Stupid goes to the bone. Bush also caused Katrina by your like of thought, if you can call it thought on any reasonable level.

Reply to
Abby.Normal

Then I guess that you may have a lot of work ahead of you.

If this is true, then perhaps you don't.

Ok genius, let's go over what I said again. The first thing that I said was - "Yea, like the current joke of an administration has done any better with oil over $80.00 a barrel." Now, do you think that the current administration has done well in the past

4 years on just about anything? If not then they are just a joke and if do, please list what, where, and when because this I really want to see. BTW, what is the current price of oil?

Then I said - "Any way that you want to spin it, the White House has little control over the price of fuel." And short of price controls and with this "global economy", the US has little control over the price of anything and it is getting less influence every day so exactly what real control does the White House have over the price of fuel? Sure, you could be a fear monger and say that the gubberment is going to tax the hell out of it to pay for whatever if the Dems get elected but believing that crap would just be stupid and as you said, stupid clear to the bone. The people fell for that fear crap 4 years ago when they re-elected a complete idiot but I doubt that many would fall for that again and if they do, then they deserve what they get regardless of what party gets elected.

Reply to
TBone

"TBone" spewed his usual shit in message: // SNIP//

F U C K YOU Democreeps!

Reply to
Traitor Democreeps

F U C K YOU DEMOCREEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Traitor Democreeps

F U C K You DEMOCREEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Traitor Democreeps

F U C K YOU DEMOCREEPS

Left Wing Wackos

TRAITORS!

Go live in the Soviet Union you Democreep

John Kerry = Draft Dodger, failed presidential candidate

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply to
Traitor Democreeps

FUCK You DEMOCREEPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Traitor Democreeps

Send you check to moveon.org Traitor Scum Democrat?????????

Reply to
Traitor Democreeps

Fuck you Democrap Traitor !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Traitor Democreeps

T-bone, a simple-minded liberal left wing fool, willing to sell out his country.

Hurry, you fool, send your check to Democreep Traitor HQ.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROTFLMAO!

Reply to
Traitor Democreeps

Suddenly, without warning, Rick Baldwin exclaimed (9/22/2007 11:19 AM):

That does seem low. I was getting an average of 17mpg with a mix of really low speed and medium speed driving. More like 19 highway. These days I'm getting around 16 hwy, but I'm working on fixing that.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

"TBone" a mental giant in his own feeble brain, wrote the following drivel: //// SNIP /////

FLUSHED

gone!

Reply to
Kaliff Saqart

"mpberti" blubbered & whined & cried, threw a tantrum, then wrote nothing of any importance in a message: //SNIP//

mpberti is starting to sound as feeble-brained as T-bone.

Reply to
Kaliff Saqart

yep you got me im feeble brained, but at lest mine is not washed

Reply to
mpberti