05-07 Dakota 3.9 Fuel milage info

Page 3 of 3
yeah, sKerry did that too - as he was tossing his medals over the fence and discussing things with N. Viet Nam while in uniform. I think he wanted to
top Hanoi Jane but just couldn't do it.

Democrats are the party of TRAITORS.
They have sold out their country's best interests just to gain political power.
I get 20+ mpg highway with my 07 Dakota, Quad Cab, SLT, V8 (4.7L) and 16-18 mpg city. I don't do a lot of highway but have noticed 21.1 mpg the last time I drove about 15 miles highway time at 65-70 mph with cruise on.
I run Amsoil 5W30 synthetic and QT regular gas and I don't drive like a grand pa. When I test drove the same truck with a V6 in it I felt like the parking brake was on. There is not enough power in the V6 and almost not enough in the 4.7L V8 but it's adequate - nothing more. My other Dakota in a 98 with a 5.2L in it. That truck had the power when I needed it. The new one is not as strong. It drives a whole lot more comfortable and sits higher. I like both versions.
I see they changed the body style again on the 08 Dakota too. That stinks.

I would disagree with you about the 3.9 not having enough power. My 95 w/a 5 speen manual had pleanty of muscle behind it for what the truck was designed/used for. Made many of trips with it through the Appalacian (sp) Mountains with a moderate load in it and never had a complaint.
I will agree with you though about the 4.7, especially in a Ram, I found it to simply be a dog.
The older 3.9V6 does have plenty of power. I never meant to imply it did not. I also owned one of them and am sorry I sold it. I was referring to the new 3.7L V6 - it drives like the brakes are on. I test drove one because I couldn't find one like what I bought. That was hard to say. I was looking for a V8 with a certain list of options. Mine has that list except for the automatic rear view mirror.
No, the 3.9L V6 has nearly as much power as my 4.7L. The new 3.7L V6 has comparable power to the 4 cyl. they put in some of the low end Dakotas. New design - lack of power. Old design - plenty of power.

FUCK You DEMOCREEPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck you Democrap Traitor !!!!!!!!!!!
T-bone, a simple-minded liberal left wing fool, willing to sell out his country.
Hurry, you fool, send your check to Democreep Traitor HQ.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ROTFLMAO!
Suddenly, without warning, Rick Baldwin exclaimed (9/22/2007 11:19 AM):

That does seem low. I was getting an average of 17mpg with a mix of really low speed and medium speed driving. More like 19 highway. These days I'm getting around 16 hwy, but I'm working on fixing that.
jmc
threw a tantrum, then wrote nothing of any importance in a message: //SNIP//
mpberti is starting to sound as feeble-brained as T-bone.
Kaliff Saqart wrote:

yep you got me im feeble brained, but at lest mine is not washed
blubbered & whined & cried,

Duhhhhhhhh, try some Tide or any name brand detergent.
Is it true that TBone still plays with toy soldiers because he is a wannabe war hero?