05 Dakota Gas Filler Tube

I noticed that the gas filler tube on my 05 Dakota doesn't have a metal, spring-loaded door on it. Is this normal, or did mine break off and fall down into the gas tank?
If anyone else has this vehicle, can you check? It is a V8 quad cab, if that makes a difference.
Thanks
Your fine my doesn't have and it's a 05 I bought new.