'05 Diesel Death-Match

with all the internet diesel debates going on i decided it was time to take the bull by the horns and test them all for myself. I took an '05 cummins
powered 3500 dodge ram, an '05 power stroke powered ford F350 king ranch, and an '05 duramax powered 3500 chevy silverado and i put them together head to head in an all out blood bath death-match.
im just the tester who tested these trucks. please, dont be angry with me if you dont like the results....im just a messenger here, bringing you a message of factual, scientific results based upon reasonable expectations and real world testing.
http://InlineDiesel.com/deathmatch (dial up beware!)
:-D
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

I think you have way too much free time. But I like the results.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

no free time.....just another example of what im willing to do for you guys. :-)
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Beautiful!! I'm betting sombody will be along to dispute the "real world' results of your testing.
Can I have the fire truck?? <G>
Roy

Your welding abilities are impressive. You didn't even scorch the paint on the weld line, what skills.
"Nathan W. Collier" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.com> wrote in message
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

It looks like Telico is in your own backyard. Did you move again? -- Ken
n Sun, 21 Aug 2005 05:46:19 GMT, "Nosey"

What is with the plastic model trucks used in the 'death match' article? Give a man a match, and he is warm for a short while. Light him on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Now, what you're missing (as far as I am concerned) is a 10,000 lb trailer pull from Georgetown, CO to the Eisenhower tunnel. Georgetown is at 8,500 feet and the entrance to the Eisenhower tunnel is at 11,000 feet. The distance is about 12 miles and it is uphill all the way.
At 11,000 feet, there is 2/3 as much air as at sea level and your normally aspirated 300 HP truck will have 200 HP.
A steep hill climb at high elevation is where a turbocharged vehicle shows it's real colors. If I lived in a low flatland, I'd be just as happy with a gas V8.
I have a Jeep Cherokee and a SAAB 900 Turbo, both about 18 years old. Jeep is about 200 lbs or so heavier (3,100 vs 2,900) but has about 11% more rated HP 177 vs 160). At 11,000 feet, the SAAB will suck the doors off the Jeep, there is no comparison!
At high elevation, the turbo vehicle is the one to drive!
Charles.

i enjoy running beartooth pass just outside redlodge montana. in about 12 miles it goes from 5,000ft. to nearly 12,000ft. you cant get up any speed due to the switch backs, and the scenery is amazing. i took my jeep up the pass last year http://7slotgrille.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID05 and it did ok but we werent pulling any weight. you should have seen the non diesel trucks trying to lug large 5th wheel campers to the top. i thought i was going to have to get out and help push. :-)
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com