06 CTD

I was wondering, when i put my key in the ignition and go to start it(waiting for the glow plugs) a engine light come on. Once its done with the glow plugs and testing its self the engine light then blinks
several times and then stays on. When I start the truck the light goes out .. this is not a odb2 code , and i cannot remember if it always doen this or not, any help would be great 2006 ctd quad 4 speed auto
On Mon, 28 May 2007 19:01:33 +0000, brian wrote:

cycle your key on - off - on - off - on (without starting the truck)
your codes will be displayed in the odometer as Pxxx then when done it will show Pdone post back here if any codes are found.
i haven't noticed any blinking engine lights on my 05 but haven't really looked either.
Chris
05 CTD

The only light blinkin on my '03 is the Parking Light, but I'm parked and the brake is set. Oh, and your '06 has a heater grid where the air inlet housing mates with the intake manifold. No glow plugs. The grid heats the air prior to entering the intake manifold for cold starts. For this reason, if you ever have trouble cold starting your CTD, do NOT use any starter spray. If you did, the next sound you would hear, would be expensive to fix.
FMB (North Mexico)