'06 Ram w/Diesel -- Doesn't 'hold' heat

Page 1 of 4
Hello Everyone,
I drive an '06 Ram 2500 with Cummins Diesel motor.
It doesn't seem to 'hold' heat very well. I can have the truck all warmed up, right at the centerpoint of the temp gauge.
Then I'll park it and shut it off. In about an hour I'll come back to start it up and the temperature gauge reads stone cold and I'll need to warm it up completely again.
My truck seems to cool down rather quickly. I think the thermostat is OK.
Someone told me this is because Diesel motors run on the principle of using as little fuel as possible, thus a Diesel just doesn't run as hot as a gasoline motor.
Any comments? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
The Rocket Man

One thing that might make a difference in the answer you get from the oil burning guru's is where you live. You outside temp/weather is going to make a difference.
punkin:

Wow, there's a thought. Can you explain?
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:19:40 -0800, Beryl

actually sheryl, our ng nanny, is just pissed off because someone actually had a thought. she misses having a thought....an idea....but she holds out the hope that one day she may actually have one.

Yes, put your lips back around Snoballs where they belong and all will the well in the world.
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:43:09 -0600, Hober Mallow wrote:

Mine does the same, completely normal. Just think huge radiator = huge heat exchanger
--
Chris

Hober Mallow wrote:

A narrow, stretched out inline engine has more surface area that a compact, chunky V-type.
Now... combine that with a.a.d.t resident thermodynamacist punkin's intriguing hypothesis. LOL!

What does that have to do with anything the OP asked?
BTW, I recently installed qLogic iCLi on 4 servers. This allowed me to upgrade the firmware of the individual iSCSI storage array members in a 3 member storage array group - to which the 4 servers have a total of 10 volumes attached - without shutting down any of the servers during the storage array firmware update process.
What's that have to do with anything? About as much as your answer to Hober Mallow does.

Well dude, what it has to do with is the simple fact that more surface area of the inline block means that the engine can and will cool down faster, especially when no longer running . Perhaps you might want to actually read and think about what was written before jumping in out of anger and simply making a fool out of yourself.

Nice of you you moderate again Tom, thanks.

LOL, please explain to me how my post is in any way different than the one Ed posted or the one you just did for that matter. Grow up dude.

Actually yours is more like your best friend sheryl's post. A post for nothing more then to stir shit.
Ed was meerly point out something based off what he saw. Funny how you are taking to jump on my posts, or those like Ed did, but you say nothing when the troll cock sucker purposely stirs shit.

Pretty much like this one from you, huh. Beryl simply gave a reason as to why the I6 in the OP's truck seemed to cool down so quickly and it was a valid assumption. Now perhaps you could point out exactly where his reply in any way was stirring shit.

Really???? Then please explain exactly how that long winded crap about updating data arrays has anything to do with anything in the thread. The fact is that Ed was wrong and is making himself look foolish. I understand that neither one of you care for Beryl and understandably so but all you are doing here is helping him make the both of you look like fools.

LOL, sorry Larry, but you were the one to jump on my post. I'm simply replying to you. As for him stirring shit, you and Ed both make easy targets out of yourselves by replying to his crap the way that you do. If he were to slam one of you for something when you were correct, I would and have replied to that but when he is just making you spin, what would be the point?

Oh yeah, if growing up would mean that I would end up anything like you, screw that I would rather be like Budd.

Then you seem to have gotten your wish, congratulations!

Fuck you cock sucker

The difference is that you jumped in with hate and apparently not reading the original question, while I pointed out that he wasn't answering the question, nor did I call Beryl names or make assumptions as to why he posted his response, unlike your response to me, which you kind of admit was filled with anger. Perhaps more than one person around here needs to grow up.

LOL, give me a break. I hardly called you names or posted anything out of hate, especially since I don't really even know you. BTW, it seems as though you are the one that didn't understand the question. The OP wanted to know if anyone had any idea's why his engine lost heat so quickly. Beryl simply made a statement that the inline configuration exposes more of it's mass as surface area and is subject to faster cool downs which for the most part, is a valid assumption and is on point with the OP's question. Perhaps you might want to point out where anything in yours is. I'm sure that the successful update of your company data array is thrilling to everyone but I missed where it has anything at all to do with the OP's question.

Ok, hate was too stong a word and you're entitled to believe I'm a fool, but calling me Dude - that really chaps my hide! *small grin* As a hypothesis, an I-6 has more external surface area than a V-8, I just don't know if that's true for real world applications.
Probably no one finds the successful update of the drive array of any interest, but I'm the only IT guy serving about 200 employees dispersed throughout 9 fixed geographic locations and as of today, 3 mobile units, within about a 100 mile radius of what I tentatively call my office - I had to tell someone. Plus, it's a through back to another discussion Beryl and I had.

Do you think that it might have to do with the liquid that might disapate the heat quicker? Regards the size, a 360v is probably about the same in surface area but not as heavy as the I-6
<snip of net nanny bs>