08 vacation pics and browning museum

here are the pictures from our 2008 vacation

that included disney land and the browning museum. initially i had buyers remorse about trading in my '05 dually for the '08 but that went away as soon as i started this trip. it was the first time pulling the camper loaded (we were 23,800 pounds GCVW on the scale at flyin' j) and HOLY CRAP the 6.7 completely man-handled my camper. the 5.9 2005 pulled the camper, but it was nothing like the 2008. weighing 24,000 pounds i topped baker pass (grade into baker california on i15) at 50 mph which included slowing to 30 behind traffic and then accelerating back up to 50. on the way back i came down baker pass without ever getting over 45 mph and I NEVER TOUCHED THE BRAKE PEDAL! the exhaust brake is simply not comparable to any other OEM pickup available today. in tow/haul mode the exhaust brake controlled my camper completely. it was an absolute man-handle! coming down the grade outside victorville i never touched the brake either...it was simply amazing.

...honestly i dont know where dodge can go from here. perhaps in features like a widescreen tv, but in terms of power and braking the '08 really IS that good.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Glad you liked the truck. Good lookin rig too man

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

Damn, you should have detoured to Baja, Nate!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis