12V Low Power Overflow Valve

Anyone replaced theirs? On a couple of forums (via google search) it seems that the spring weakens causing a loss in power.
John

I cannot pull mine out as the engine block is in the way. I was able to remove the top screw and remove the spring from the valve. It's in two pieces. This would explain the long term power loss I've had for a year now. The huge decrease I discovered 2 weeks back was air in the line of the front injector. It's a funky looking spring too. Cone shaped, not cylindrical. John