195 degee thermostat

Any idea when I can buy a 195 degree thermostat for a 12 valve Cummins?

Reply to
Tom_Freeman

Napa.

Reply to
Nosey

Not really... all show the OE 180°F model. Ayn particular reason you want to go with a hotter 'stat?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

WVO conversion.

Reply to
Tom_Freeman

My local Napa tells me all they can get is the 180 degree thermostat unless I switch to a performance part. They tell me they can't supply me with the part numbers for a performance part.

Andy ideas?

Reply to
Tom_Freeman

I recommended Napa because they are the most likely place to help (at least here they are). They should be able to pull a 180° thermostat off the shelf for your truck, then match it up to a 195°. Places like Autozone don't seem to be willing to do that. If it isn't in their computer you are screwed.

What year is your truck?

Reply to
Nosey

autozone hires highschool kids who dont know the differance between a stator and a spark plug.

atleast thats the case in this neck of the woods.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

'96 2500.

Reply to
Tom_Freeman

Gates P/N 33889 will probably work. Check for interference when installing and watch the temp gauge for a while.

Reply to
Nosey

Thanks very much. I'll give it a try.....

Reply to
Tom_Freeman