195 degee thermostat

Any idea when I can buy a 195 degree thermostat for a 12 valve Cummins?

Tom_Freeman wrote:

Napa.
--
Ken

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:10:57 -0500, Nosey wrote:

My local Napa tells me all they can get is the 180 degree thermostat unless I switch to a performance part. They tell me they can't supply me with the part numbers for a performance part.
Andy ideas?
Tom_Freeman wrote:

I recommended Napa because they are the most likely place to help (at least here they are). They should be able to pull a 180 thermostat off the shelf for your truck, then match it up to a 195. Places like Autozone don't seem to be willing to do that. If it isn't in their computer you are screwed.
What year is your truck?
--
Ken

autozone hires highschool kids who dont know the differance between a stator and a spark plug.
atleast thats the case in this neck of the woods.
--
----------------------------
-Chris
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:21:07 -0500, Nosey wrote:

'96 2500.
Tom_Freeman wrote:

Gates P/N 33889 will probably work. Check for interference when installing and watch the temp gauge for a while.
--
Ken

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:57:02 -0500, Nosey wrote:

Thanks very much. I'll give it a try.....

Not really... all show the OE 180F model. Ayn particular reason you want to go with a hotter 'stat?
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:50:24 +0000, Tom Lawrence wrote:

WVO conversion.