1970 W200 Power Wagon loves humidity

Hi, I have a 1970 W200 4x4 that runs quite a bit better (smoother) when there is moisture in the air. Is there anything I can do in the way of tuning to make it run as if it is humid all of the time? Oh, by the way, it has a rebuilt 318 in it with a stock (small) carb. I'm not looking for any fancy mods, just better operation.

Reply to
<william.boquist

Back off the timing a little bit.

Reply to
TBone

Cars that run better when it's humid are lean. Figure out how to richen it up a bit.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks to both of you - I appreciate your help. I will experiment with both suggestions.

Reply to
<william.boquist

One other fact..... the higher the humidity (water) that is aspirated, the higher the compression in the cylinder. Water doesnt compress which escentially will give higher compression.

Henry

Reply to
<noone