1970 W200 Power Wagon loves humidity

Hi, I have a 1970 W200 4x4 that runs quite a bit better (smoother) when there is moisture in the air. Is there anything I can do in the way of tuning to make it run as if it is humid all of the time? Oh, by the way, it
has a rebuilt 318 in it with a stock (small) carb. I'm not looking for any fancy mods, just better operation.
Back off the timing a little bit.

< snipped-for-privacy@gte.net> wrote in message news:Saiae.313$Fc.43@trnddc01...

Cars that run better when it's humid are lean. Figure out how to richen it up a bit.
Al
Thanks to both of you - I appreciate your help. I will experiment with both suggestions.

One other fact..... the higher the humidity (water) that is aspirated, the higher the compression in the cylinder. Water doesnt compress which escentially will give higher compression.
Henry