1978 Dodge M600 Motorhome Chassis

I have just purchased a 1978 Travco 320 Motorhome. I believe it is a M600 Dodge motorhome chassis. It has a 440 engine. My question has to do with the
power steering.
When i turn off the engine on the RV the power steering fluid starts to blow out at the top of the cap for the power steering reservoir. It does not leak while driving or engine running. Only when the vehicle is turned off.
Any ideas why it would do this. Oh, And it does it every time also.
Thanks
-

A number of things come to mind. Filter, PS fluid cooling radiator (small finned thing), fluid needs changing, clogged hoses, low or overfilled resovier(sp?). My best guess is the resovoir is too full. Check when cold. There are probably two marks on the dipstick. One for hot and one for cold.
So what does your manual say?
Bob AZ
There is no manual at all. I just order one the other day so hopefully I can get one in a week. The resoivoir is not over filled. I'll try flushing out the p.s system to see if it helps.
-
I've got the M-400 chassis under an '81 Establishment (26') with the same drive train.
The P.Steer pump is a bear to get to, but do not overfill.
Make sure the belt is properly tightened.
If you have the hydraulic boosted brakes it supplies boost pressure for them also and because of the extra hydraulic lines, requires more fluid.
Check when cold ( so you don't burn yourself) and work all the air out of the system with some low speed (5 mph) full left and full right turns in a parking lot.
Budd

Howdy Budd. Good to see you're up and kicking.
Denny

Hi, my friend!
How are ya doing?
Budd

Been busy, what with selling the mobile home in Moab, fixing the RV, hauling stuff to Colorado and so on. Internet access wasn't as important
Budd

Are you going to be living on the road now? That sounds interesting. What did you do with the skooter?

"Budd Cochran" < snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.net> wrote in message
Tom,
I still feel no need to discuss anything with you as you have made clear, we are not and will never be friends.
Budd