1984 Dodge 4x4 info needed

I traded for a 1984 (body converted to 91 diesel) 4 spd slant six 4x4 shortbox. Will the transmissions bellhousing be swapable to the v8 ?.. I wanna place a 318 in it but was not sure if the slant 6 setup with 4 spd
could be done. I have heard 4spd/5spd tranny's have removable bell housings but that was only chev and ford.
or should I just leave the slant six in it ?... lol

THE slant six belhousing will NOT bolt to a V-8 You would have to get V-8 belhousing /clutch/flywheel to use your existing setup. The 4&5 sp trans setups on the newer pickup's use a different trans type & could be adapted if you got one from another 4X4. WHy not just keep the bent six
I would keep the leaning tower of power.
--
-Chris

those are typically rock solid engines and not terribly bad on economy. I had a d100 that was abused for nearly 300K and was still going strong and not buring a drop of oil when I sold it.
--
-Chris