1987 dodge ram truck pouring gas out of carb.

Sometimes when the motor is hot and been shut off for a little period of time, like runnin gin Home Depot. I come outside to restart it and its flooded, pull the breather top and its covered in gas. This
happened once last year, and now twice this year. I smacked gently on the side of the carb with a 1/2" drive ratchet and it stopped. Let the gas drive up, and it drove fine after that. Of course I dont drive this thing but maybe once a month, for a trip to the lumber yard or dump.
Any idea here? Stuck float?

I would say so, replace float (if it is plastic) and needle seat assembly and your troubles should go away. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Fixed , well I think. Thanks for the help.

I had a 1978 fury wagon with a holley 2210. I replaced the fuel filter without replacing the little rubber hoses between it and the metal fuel line. Within2 weeks, my car ran like yours did. I took apart the carb and checked the float (it was ok) and proceeded to rebuild it. When I change the needle and seat I found a speck of fuel line in the seat. 20 bucks including 2 bucks to soak the carb.