19887 Dodge Pick Up Wiper Arm Removal

I am a non-mechanic. How do I remove the wiper arms on an 87 Dodge 100 Pickup? The wipers have disconected from the motor (motor still spinng away) and I
need to get under the cowling thingy to see about reattaching them.
Thanks for any help' Thomer

That job can be done by pulling the motor and replacing the plastic bushing without pulling the arms or cowling. It's not a lot of fun but it's still easier than all the extra work you're planning. There is a special tool to release the wiper arms if you're stuck on this approach. I've got one in my toolbox, I think I got it from JC Whitney?
There is a release button next to where the arm slides on the the splined Rod that goes into your cowl. Just pick your wiper arm up. Once you press or pull that ( I can`t remeber which ) they should slide off. Depending on how long they`ve been on there . LoL.