1990 Caravan 3.3 new timing chain - really really bad lifter noise now HELP

1990 Grand Caravan. 200K miles. Had to change water pump and managed to break off the 10 o'clock bolt in the timing cover. Replaced timing cover
with 1992 Voyager and threw a new timing chain and sprockets while I was in there. Got it all buttoned up tonite and filled the fluids. Fired right up but it has a nasty lifter tick. Sounds like all of em are bouncing around in there. Oil pressure guage works and indicating normal (better than before due to newer pump I assume) oil pressure. Let it idle for about 3 minutes or so to get the coolant pumping and decided to shut it down. The noise is too much.
Now what? The original chain was severly loose. I am guessing there was anywhere from 5 to 15 degrees play between the crank/cam and about 1 1/4 inches of lose slack measured in the middle of the loose side.
"DjE" <diskman_1 at yahoo ddott com> wrote in message

<SNIP>
It finally quieted down. Took about 10 minutes or so if ideling. Sheesh. Whats the best way to de-varnish and clean my oil passages? I heard that Mobil 1 has a pretty aggressive detergent package, or is there something else I should try?
those 3.3's can really make noise
had one that sat for over a year, thought sure a rod was loose when I fired it up