1992 D150 Harsh Shift

Hi,

I have a '92 d150 5.2L automatic with about 202,000 miles on it. I'm getting a very rough 1-2 upshift under normal to light acceleration. When you get on the gas a little more, it usually shifts more smoothly. Also when shifting from park to drive or reverse it is pretty clunky. Otherwise it works fine and upshifts/downshifts when it should. I am planning to adjust kickdown and low/reverse bands as per Haynes manuals reccomendation and possibly the throttle rod as well. I am just curious as to what each of these adjustments actually controls. Haynes manuals and google searches just turn up directions for adjusting, but don't give a lot of info on why. I'd appreciate it if you could let me know whether or not these adjustments may improve things or point me to a web site with some more in-depth info on the subject.

Thanks

Reply to
jeremyal

just adjust the front band for starters

usually your problem is caused by a too-loose band

Reply to
TranSurgeon