1992 W250 fuel leak

I'm leaking fuel from above the heater element that sets above the fuel filter, has anyone removed this heater before. The only thing I see that holds it on is the shaft that the filter attaches to and it is slotted, I just don't want to torque on something if there is more to the removal.

Thanks Chris

95 w250 4x4 extended cab 06 3500 4x4 4 door long bed....
Reply to
Chris

Disregard, I figured it out..... Chris

Reply to
Chris

Well, tell us what you found, please. So we will know what to look for when it's our turn.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry about that, I'm new to this newsgroup posting. There is a rubber seal that sets above the fuel heater that the fuel fitter attaches to. To replace, remove your fuel filter then using a wide blade screwdriver remove the threaded insert that the fuel filter attaches to, the heater will drop down, swap out the gasket ($1.90) and snug it back up. I probably wasted $20 in fuel putting off the repair for a 20 minute job. My seal was completely flat and hard so I would imagine most folks are by now, I bought the truck new and change the fuel filter every 15k or so, I will make sure to resnug this everytime from now on.

'92 250 4x4 CTD extended cab (160k on the odometer) Banks turbo upgrade installed a year ago. '06 3500 4x4 CTD quad cab longbed dually

Chris Lockcuff Choctaw, Oklahoma

Reply to
Chris

Thank you, that's good to know. I am much the same way, lose money putting off a 10 minute job.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon