1993 Dakota - Details on towing capacity requested

Hello Dodge Trucks newsgroup,
What are the towing limits for truck and trailor or where would I look for the information? My father-inlaw's friend has lost his truck
manual. I am getting the request second hand but said I would look it up on the Internet for them.
Truck: 1993 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, v* (EFI) fuel injection Auto, 4 speed C O.D. (2x4) Rear axel ration = 3.55 318cc engine
Door plate of truck:
LBs    Axel        Plate Front    2425 lbs    2800 Rear     2645 lbs    2904
Trailor: Sandpiper Travel Trailer 24 foot, GVWR 2500 kg/5500 lbs approx hitch weight dry = 530 lbs approx total weight dry = 5500 lbs
I reviewed this newsgroup and could not find an FAQ. Web searching has not been successful to date.
Any help greatly appreciated,
Douglas
Douglas wrote:

The process of determining the tow capability of a vehicle is explained very well here: http://tinyurl.com/dbaqm
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:57:53 -0400, "Nosey"

Thank you very much for the prompt reply Nosey. This will keep me in the good books with my Father-inlaw.
Douglas
This will give you a rough idea: http://www.trailerlife.com/towratings/tr_index.cfm
If the truck was a 99 or newer, you could get the exact rating...
I have an 01 dakota with 4.7L, 2wd, auto & 3:55 rear gears... max tow according to trailer life is 5,150 pounds.. Same truck with 4:10 gears would be 6,450
IMHO, it's not the weight that it will pull that I'd wonder about, but the weight and length of trailer that it can SAFELY handle... We were going to change the gears in ours but decided not to and bought a Ram.. "logic" behind this was talking to a lot of knowledgeable folks and deciding that gearing wouldn't change the weight, suspension or length of the truck, and our 28 foot travel trailer would be "the tail wagging the dog".. YMMV (trailer is 4,800 dry, probably close to 6,000 loaded)

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing