1995 2wd ram 1500 318 oil pump change

I have a 1995 2WD Ram 1500 with the 318, my question is how long should it take to replace the oil pump? I have also supplied a new pan and gasket. I think my shop is ripping me off saying it should take 6hrs, the other local shop I tried was too busy to answer my question or give an estimate. Are they trying something or are they being honest about the 6hr time?

Reply to
Chrissy

6 hours sounds like a long time... they may be padding that because of the need to disconnect the exhaust Y-pipe. 10 year old exhaust pipes are never fun to work on.

Without any major problems, I'd say the job shouldn't be more than 2 hours. Maybe they think they need to pull the timing cover? On the 318, it's a one-piece oil pan gasket, and the pan can be changed without touching the front cover.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence