1995 Dakota waterpump

anyone have a good web site with howto info on r&r a waterpump on a 95 Dakota 3.9 engine? all help appreciated,I am trying to avoid $375 400 cost of repair shop Thanks Lee

Reply to
Lee&Kathy

I helped a friend replace his about 6 months ago. It's pretty straight forward, remove the fan shroud, remove the belt, remove the fan blade, etc. If you have a service manual you will be ago, the new pump should run you about 150 or so.

Reply to
azwiley1

The subscription fee for

is not real bad if I remember correctly and it has complete manualls, service bullitens and wiring diagrams for your vehical.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

It the fan assembly is like the one in my 99 5.9L, you don't want to lay it on it's side when you take it out, rather keep it in a verticle position - something to do with the stuff in the thermal coupler.

Reply to
Ed H.

has an article in their Tech section on the R&R of a timing chain, which includes removing/reinstalling the water pump. This is on a 5.2/5.9, but should be very similar to your 3.9.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I've always wondered... what in the heck is a vehical? :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

It is friggin' Rabbit speak!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

It's what a wabbit wides in.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I can't seem to think of anything good right now so I guess a hearty F.O. is in order...

Denny

Reply to
Denny