1995 Dakota waterpump

anyone have a good web site with howto info on r&r a waterpump on a 95 Dakota 3.9 engine? all help appreciated,I am trying to avoid $375 400 cost of repair shop
Thanks Lee

I helped a friend replace his about 6 months ago. It's pretty straight forward, remove the fan shroud, remove the belt, remove the fan blade, etc. If you have a service manual you will be ago, the new pump should run you about 150 or so.

Denny

I've always wondered... what in the heck is a vehical? :)

It is friggin' Rabbit speak!! <BFG>
Roy

It's what a wabbit wides in.
beekeep

I can't seem to think of anything good right now so I guess a hearty F.O. is in order... <GBMFG>
Denny
It the fan assembly is like the one in my 99 5.9L, you don't want to lay it on it's side when you take it out, rather keep it in a verticle position - something to do with the stuff in the thermal coupler.

http://www.pavementsucks.com has an article in their Tech section on the R&R of a timing chain, which includes removing/reinstalling the water pump. This is on a 5.2/5.9, but should be very similar to your 3.9.