1995 Dodge 1500 360 random no start/rough running

Page 2 of 2

I believe now that the IAC, as you say, is one of the problems. The truck sat at a restaurant here for a week and a half at least, so I finally gave in and went to look.
Cranked the truck, started fine, died after 90 seconds. Tried to crank it again, no start. I unplugged the IAC, and the truck fired right up. The idle was hunting, but at least the truck was running. Not to mention, the engine seemed to have more power (dunno if that's true or not). I drove the truck about 10 - 15 miles at highway speeds. After about 9 miles, the truck died on me again, with no restart. Pulled over, plugged in the IAC, cranked once, unplugged again, and it fired up.
During the rest of the way to his house, i started to notice a correlation between the torque convertor lockup and engine stall. One time when it appeared to die after clunking into 3rd or O/D (not sure which), I slowed down and put the selector in "2" and the engine had power again without having to restart it....... weird, eh?

You installed an aftermarket crank sensor right?? Try an OEM sensor, I learned my lesson a long time ago about using aftermarket electronic parts.
Denny
On 3/27/2011 10:46 AM, Nza wrote:

I don't think so... My 2004 Hemi will occasionally read no oil pressure (a common fault, probably a sender) but the engine runs just fine. You get a boing and a 'check gauges' message. I managed to drive a block once before I noticed it was reading zero (no funny noises, and the Hemi will make bad sounds if no oil pressure) and a restart always brings it back just fine.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

truck ran fine. It took a while before it through a code.
beekeep