1995 Dodge 1500 4 by 4 installing a non egr 2001 360

Hello. I have the engine in and running but its coming up with a code

  1. a open or shorted condition in the egr circuit. This engine runs awesome till its warm......then it has a noticable miss. (Very Noticable) The engine I installed came from a 2001 1500 4by4 and has
100k on it. I used the injectors from the 2001 and the flywheel pickup . This is my first dodge project in a long time and any help would be appreciated. I love the ride......the automatic and everything else is working really good.
Reply to
sledcrazy

I did something very similar, installed a low mileage (25,000) 1997 318 non EGR engine into a '93 Ramcharger. I used the newer engine as a long block, used the '93 intake manifold and injectors and had no problems. Since yours is good until it warms up it sure sounds like you've got EGR problems. Did you reinstall all the EGR stuff? Or leave parts of it out?

Reply to
BigIronRam

Hi........I do have the egr solonoid and Ill hook it up on my first day off! I will let you know how it works out! thanks.........Randy

Reply to
sledcrazy