1996 3500 Dually 5.9 Cummings exaust upgrade

I'm new to the message board, new to Dodge, and new to Diesel. Just bought a 1996 3500 Dually with the cummings. I will be doing alot of towing with it (13,000 to 15,000 pounds). Have read alot about 4'
exhaust systems from the turbo back. There supposed to increase power/torque and lower egt. Just wondering if anyone has any pointers on which system would be the best. What is the best muffler, is 5 or 6 inch worth the extra money over 4'. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

See that emblem on your door? The one that says "RAM3500"? See what's written underneath that? Notice how there's no 'G'? That's not by accident...

More of an EGT reduction that a power gain. You'll get a bit of a bump, but nothing significant. The real story is in EGT reduction (especially when coupled with a better intake).

At stock power levels, no - nothing over 4" is beneficial.
As for exhaust kit selection, most any aftermarket kit will come with an efficient, straight-through muffler. Stainless steel is better than aluminized, and priced accordingly. However, if you're in any of the colder climates, the up-front cost of the SS system will pay for itself in the long run by virtue of it's longer lifetime.
So the guy accidentally typed a g. Don't be such a dick.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure everyone who uses that "g" did it accidentally.
--
Max

Actually under the RAM3500 emblem there is rust. I bought the truck cause it was cheap. Thanks for your input. Tom Lawrence wrote:

My Banks Power Pack has given my truck a significant power gain.
www.bankspower.com