1997 Dodge Ram 'Death Wobble'

My 1997 truck had recently developed a violent shake of the front end when I'm on the highway and approach speeds of 50 MPH. It feels like the axels
are going to come right off - very scary. I've heard what is described as a death wobble, and that it might be caused by a worn Track Bar. Does anybody know of any good resources that could verify this and show illustrations of where the trackbar is and how to fix?
Thanks -Mike K.

Here ya go!! www.lukeslink.com
That should get ya started.
Roy

Let me guess, it is a 4x4 that has bigger tires and maybe a lift too. You have what I call the "caster death wooble". You can cure it with proper alignment. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
My truck is actually a 2WD Dodge Ram 1500. I have seen pictures of the stock trackbar on multiple sites including Lukelink that Roy suggested, and I just don't see the trackbar. It's not there, at least the OEM track bar isn't.
SnoMan, would your recommendation be the same if my car is a 2WD truck?
Thanks everyone for your help.
-Mike

Yes, it can happen in a 2wd it is just more common on 4x4's. You have a combination of wear, not enough caster and improper toe and these can cause it to shake like it is falling apart at certain speeds sometimes. (it can get pretty violent sometimes too) ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

"RAM Scouter" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message

Looseness of front end plays a roll but the frontend has to be unstable as well (alignment) for it to really shake. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com