1998 Dodge 1500 Air Bag light Question

Now that cold has finally come to Houston, my air bag light comes on and stays on after the truck is started, preceded by 4 chimes
What does 4 chimes indicate? A loose connection brought on by the cold?
It has done this intermittently since I bought the truck, new to me in 2000, only when the outside temp drops like it is now (30 degrees)
With the heater on, after the cab gets good and warm, the light may go out.
Thanks, Curtis, in Houston, Tx
test wrote:

My 01 Ram 1500 did the same thing when the clockspring needed to be fixed. Do you hear clicking noises when turning the steering wheel?
Bob
No, no clicking noise. It's been to the dealer for this twice and they "can't reproduce the problem" It only occurs on cold days, seems to be a contact problem as it's fine all other times.
Curtis