1998 Grand Caravan

OR, I chose to keep it all simple for you to understand, since most MEs I know, cant understand the simple fact that two objects, can not occupy the same space at the same time.

OR....

I just wanted to see how easy it was to pull someones strings that was trying to show the world how educated he wasnt...worked well.

Oh....BTW...through laz..what? Im sorry, I cant even begin to spell the word.....lazy you say? Sure man..whatever. Already proved that we knew what direction this would take, and how to get it there...you just were not involved in that conversation...

Never know when you are getting played...so continue at will.

Reply to
CAVHBC

Suggest you start your self-improvement by taking some writing classes. Two unnecessary commas, "can't" has an apostrophe. Of course you'll claim here that you were playing dumb - except it's obvious that you're not playing.

"Someone's" = possesive - requires apostrophe. "Wasn't" - a contraction

- needs an apostrophe.

You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "proved", and I guess that's the proverbial Queen's 'we'.

Whatever, your royal weirdness.

You can probably catch some summer classes, or if too late to sign up now, certainly in the fall.

Bill Putney

Oh-h-h-h, the final insult ... correcting cbhvac's spelling and grammar. Thank you for nailing the lid on your coffin.

Say, here's a thought ... could it be a case of we refuse to play YOUR game and prefer stick with our own? Ya know, like in my threads where you and Matt tried to change / confuse the topic in an effort to discredit me, but only proved your own bigotries towards what you call the "uneducated".

Before you continue your bigotries, remember that the great philosophers, scientists, artists, and inventors of antiquity never had the education you worship. Heck, the next time you fly, remeber it was two uneducated, by your standards, bicycle mechanics that solved the problems that plauged the "great engineers" of the era.

Sorry, can't speak for CBHVAC, but personally, I'd rather be a human being and not a "Lloyd R.Parker clone".

I have to mention a scene from a movie that always reminds me of so many engineers: In the movie, "The Navigator", the alien probe ship tries to fill the brain of the navigator completely. When the boy asks what happened, the ship replies, "It leaked."

Do come back when you can't stay as long, will you?

Reply to
Budd Cochran

You mean the game of showing you an actual examply including the math as I did with the lever example? When are you going to post your fact-based counter example that proves your claim? This has nothing to do with level of education. Post a mathematically and physically correct example that proves your claim and we'll all admit you are right.

Still waiting...

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Whatever. He reminds me of a 'friend' I had in high school - a bunch of us were standing around one day, we see a cop sitting beside the road with a radar gun in a 35 mph zone, and this friend - let's call him Bubba - says to us "Hey guys - I can make that cop behave any way I want. Watch this - I'll bet I can make him pull me over and give me a ticket!" So Bubba hops on his Honda bike and goes flying by the cop at

50 mph with his middle finger held high in the air.

Sure enough the cop pulls him and gives him a ticket. After it was over, Bubba comes over to us all grinning and acting the fool and says "See! I told ya I could make that cop do what I wanted him to! What a real idiot he was that he allowed me to make him do that!" And we're all standing around going "Bubba - you're really the idiot!"

Another time, Bubba says "Hey guys - that man over there is so dumb - I bet I can make him punch me in the nose!" So he goes over to the guy and says something about the guy's sister. Then Bubba comes back with his hand cupped under his nose dripping blood, and says "See - what'd'I tell ya! What an idiot that guy was!"

Actually I made those stories up, but they illustrate the point.

In all candidness, Budd, I don't think anyone could really follow your train of thought in that post. We were giving you the benefit of the doubt and making our best attempt at making the proverbial silk purse out of a sow's ear by responding to it and trying to bring it back into reality. I don't think it was a coincidence that Matt and I guessed our way to the same conclusions about what the hell you were trying to say in relation to the real world about levers, gear ratios, and transmission efficiency. And of course your buddy Bubba - err - I mean

- CAVHBC decides to make a word game out of it. You may in fact have had a valid point, but your poor way of expressing it and relating it to reality was hardly coherent. That's the straight up.

So let me see if I follow your logic here: (a)The great philosophers, scientists, Wright bros., etc. of antiquity did not have modern engineering education. (b) Budd Cochran, CAVHBC, and Max Dodge do not have a modern engineering education. (c) Therefore, since Budd Cochran, CAVHBC, and Max Dodge also don't have a modern engineering education, they are all great philosophers, scientists, and possibly even the Wright bros. themselves (only problem

- there are only two Wright bros. of Kitty Hawk fame).

While you guys are signing up for your English and "engineering" classes (don't be frustrated - you can start out at a junior or commnuity college, and if you can keep up and maintain your grades, you can transfer to a 4 year degree college in a short while - just keep at it), check out the courses in logic - you can probably fit them into your electives.

I guess that's one of those things where you had to be there to appreciate it. What movie am I thinking of that reminds me of the three of you (hint - Jim Carey is in it)? Strange - once again, as with the Wright bros., there are only two main characters in that, but three of you. Some kind of pattern I guess. Well there *was* this comedy team of 3 in the 40's and 50's...

Bill Putney

And if you actually expect him to back his crap up, you will continue to wait for a looooooooooonnng time. After all, it is much easier to just call you and anyone else who disagrees with him and actually backs it up a bigot.

Reply to
TBone

Hey Matt - when's the next meeting of the PWADDPWED (People Who Absolutely Despise and Detest People Without Engineering Degrees) Club? Can we do it at your house this time?

Bill Putney

contraction -

philosophers,

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

Reply to
TBone

Well Budd, unless you do, what exactly is your point?

Reply to
TBone

I guess that's because unlike you, he is correct.

Funny how you claim to be this great author and can't even figure this out. Applications of gear ratios have efficiencies, not gear ratios themselves.

Denial is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately the cost is that it tends to make the one using it look foolish.

It this just another desperate act on your part? It must be as it makes no sense otherwise.

Get real Budd, this is a complete copout. He has supplied actual numbers and proven formulas. Where's yours?

Reply to
TBone

The funny part is that Tbne is trying to cozy up to the engineers, while at the same time thinking that helium has no weight.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Gee, Tom, what could your purpose in replying to my post be EXCEPT A CHILDISH ATTEMPT TO START AN ARGUMENT?

Which isn't going to happen.

Now, go play somewhere else.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

If you let me join, you can have it at my place :-p

I can't believe the size of the boulder these two have on their shoulders. I'm starting to wonder if they both are engineering flunk-outs.

Reply to
Steve

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm guessing that Budd simply got caught spouting this "my argument is based on physics and math" and is now embarrassed by the fact that I showed him, quite clearly I think and with references, that his argument was faulty from a physics perspective.

Sure, if you want to make up your own definition of "efficiency", then you can argue any conclusion your heart desires. And I'm perfectly OK with that. Just don't claim that your argument is based on physics when your definitions aren't based on physics.

It is probably too bad that he didn't go to school for engineering. He certainly has a large enough ego and is argumentative enough to possibly be engineer material. :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Nope, we're both engineering revisionists because the engineers didn't build it right in the first place. Then we see engineers claiming they know it all recommending poor procedure. Its not about the "boulders" on our shoulders, its about the attitude in your skulls.

Depending on your level of education, its very possible I have more than you do, but thats not an issue. Maybe you'll get pissed I even mentioned it.... and if ya do, you might actually understand where we're coming from.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Hmmm... I'm not sure whether I'm despised here or not. I don't have an engineering degree, but I am in Tau Beta Pi....

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

When you call them on it then they just claim that the laws of physics have nothing to do with reality, and how dare you lord your education over them by hitting them over the head with said worthless laws. So I guess we're back to the boulders on the shoulders.

Hell - I've got a 4-year engineering degree and a professional licenes, and for that I'm accused of throwing all my high and mighty degrees and qualifications in their face.

Bill Putney

But you have a Ph.D., which is even worse than an engineering degree!! However, we'll accept you as an honorary member anyway. :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Just out of curiosity, what are yours and Matt's engineering degrees in? Not that I believe for one minute either of you would tell the truth, but just curiosity.

Oh, btw, I backed out of the conversation because it was no longer the topic I started, thanks to you two, not because I'm wrong.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

When you use that fact as a defense of your inadequate troubleshooting technique, yes, thats exactly what it is. "I have a degree, so I MUST know how to fix it."

Only four years?

Reply to
Max Dodge