1998 Grand Caravan

Page 7 of 13  


Oh-h-h-h, the final insult ... correcting cbhvac's spelling and grammar. Thank you for nailing the lid on your coffin.

Say, here's a thought ... could it be a case of we refuse to play YOUR game and prefer stick with our own? Ya know, like in my threads where you and Matt tried to change / confuse the topic in an effort to discredit me, but only proved your own bigotries towards what you call the "uneducated".
Before you continue your bigotries, remember that the great philosophers, scientists, artists, and inventors of antiquity never had the education you worship. Heck, the next time you fly, remeber it was two uneducated, by your standards, bicycle mechanics that solved the problems that plauged the "great engineers" of the era.

Sorry, can't speak for CBHVAC, but personally, I'd rather be a human being and not a "Lloyd R.Parker clone".
I have to mention a scene from a movie that always reminds me of so many engineers: In the movie, "The Navigator", the alien probe ship tries to fill the brain of the navigator completely. When the boy asks what happened, the ship replies, "It leaked."
Do come back when you can't stay as long, will you?
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Budd Cochran wrote:

You mean the game of showing you an actual examply including the math as I did with the lever example? When are you going to post your fact-based counter example that proves your claim? This has nothing to do with level of education. Post a mathematically and physically correct example that proves your claim and we'll all admit you are right.
Still waiting...
Matt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And if you actually expect him to back his crap up, you will continue to wait for a looooooooooonnng time. After all, it is much easier to just call you and anyone else who disagrees with him and actually backs it up a bigot.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Matt Whiting wrote:

Hey Matt - when's the next meeting of the PWADDPWED (People Who Absolutely Despise and Detest People Without Engineering Degrees) Club? Can we do it at your house this time?
Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address with the letter 'x')
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bill Putney wrote:

If you let me join, you can have it at my place :-p
I can't believe the size of the boulder these two have on their shoulders. I'm starting to wonder if they both are engineering flunk-outs.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Steve wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm guessing that Budd simply got caught spouting this "my argument is based on physics and math" and is now embarrassed by the fact that I showed him, quite clearly I think and with references, that his argument was faulty from a physics perspective.
Sure, if you want to make up your own definition of "efficiency", then you can argue any conclusion your heart desires. And I'm perfectly OK with that. Just don't claim that your argument is based on physics when your definitions aren't based on physics.
It is probably too bad that he didn't go to school for engineering. He certainly has a large enough ego and is argumentative enough to possibly be engineer material. :-)
Matt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Matt Whiting wrote:

When you call them on it then they just claim that the laws of physics have nothing to do with reality, and how dare you lord your education over them by hitting them over the head with said worthless laws. So I guess we're back to the boulders on the shoulders.
Hell - I've got a 4-year engineering degree and a professional licenes, and for that I'm accused of throwing all my high and mighty degrees and qualifications in their face.
Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address with the letter 'x')
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Just out of curiosity, what are yours and Matt's engineering degrees in? Not that I believe for one minute either of you would tell the truth, but just curiosity.
Oh, btw, I backed out of the conversation because it was no longer the topic I started, thanks to you two, not because I'm wrong.
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Budd Cochran wrote:

I have undergraduate degrees in CS and EE and am currently in a graduate program in structural engineering. I'm a licensed engineer in NY, a fact which you can easily verify at their web site if you are really interested. The only one not telling the truth around here has been you. You claimed that gear ratios possess an attribute called efficiency and you said it was based on physics and mathematics. You have done nothing to show that is true, and I've showed that it is not true, so who is telling the truth?
So, now, what is your educational background?

You missed your true calling ... as a comedian. :-)
Matt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Many times I've been informed that nothing posted in newsgroups by anyone is to be completely believed, even with a claim of a website for verification.
So ... you don't have any automotive degrees at all, if your claim is true, and that means you're no better educated on automotive engineering than I am, though I do have the advantage of grease stained hands.

I studied hard and passed kindergarten after 15 years and Dad was right there beside me to get his degree as well.
IOW, I've mentioned it and you insulted me for it.

Thank you for the compliment, I do try to bring a smile to at least one face a day, even yours.
Now I wonder if your cohort will admit to his education.
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Budd Cochran wrote:

You can easily verify what I wrote using any college level (high school level even) physics text book. Are you claiming they are all wrong also and only you are right? Talk about an ego.

I've never heard of an automotive degree. What university offers that? And this discussion doesn't require anything other than basic physics knowledge. Nothing uniquely automotive about it. How does grease on one's hands contribute to a discussion based on physics? I have greasy hands fairly often, but the grease, while making my skin less dry in the winter, hasn't seemed to contribute much to my understanding of physics. And it doesn't seem to have contributed much to yours either.

I never insulted you regarding your education.

He has in the past, so I suspect he will again. Now if you would just do the same.
I'm still waiting for your physics based analysis of the efficiency of a gear ratio....
Matt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No, I was talking about verifying your claimed education, you know, the one you lord over all lesser (in your opinion) creatures.

There's a lot you've never heard of.

That kind of grease doesn't improve your knowledge of what works and doesn't work either.

Apparently it given me a more realistic education than yours.

Yes, you slammed high school education . . .ya know, that school you had to somehow get thru so you could go to wherever it is went.

I have, but you lack the common sense to understand.

I'm still waiting for you to get back on the original topic, but that'll never happen.
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Budd Cochran wrote:

Show even one post where I did that. Oh, I forgot, you are the one that makes wild claims and then can't back any of them up.

True, but much less than what you've not heard of apparently. Again, post one piece of information that shows this automotiv degree that you talk about.

Yes, you've aptly demonstrated that.

Sorry, but I didn't. You again are making a claim that is a lie and which you can't back up.

Why don't you remind us what that original topic was?
Matt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

My God, Matt, are you so dense and full of yourself to not see how rediculously pompous you are? Your very attitude towards others because of a few slips of paper I could duplicate on my computer is the insult towards those with out your lauded wallpaper.

No.
Thank you for the compliment. I agree the grease you use doesn't increase knowledge and I'm glad to have demonstrated the fact. The grease on my hands is from designing and building gear / pulley systems and hands-on knowledge of what works and where, and not some skin softening substance.

Ah, denial, the placebo of the irresponsible.

Try re-reading my original post on the topic.
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Why, because God forbid he said you were wrong?

Because you can't.

LOL, yea, like in your fork lift clutch stories.

Pretty much what you have been doing in this entire thread. Well that and wild false accusations. .

IOW, more smoke and mirrors.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

If that were true, then why are you here now?
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

When you use that fact as a defense of your inadequate troubleshooting technique, yes, thats exactly what it is. "I have a degree, so I MUST know how to fix it."
Only four years?
--
Max

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Just because his troubleshooting doesn't agree with yours doesn't make it wrong. The fact that you do exactly the same thing over and over shows who really doesn't understand.

And your education is useful in your career for what purpose?
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Alas, with all that , you still cant hit F7 or something to check that spellin after you went after mine....LOL
Sexual Intellectuals...
(spelling errors left in on purpose :] )
Bill Putney

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
CAVHBC wrote:

Oh man! You baited me. Well, you win. I am forced to admit that you are a master-baiter
Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address with the letter 'x')
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.