1998 OD 4 spd caravan 3,.0 tranny question

suppose to interchange with my 1999,, maybe computer reprogram, but that was all they said. WELL I just got it in, all the plugs looked the same...well

1 isn't.. it has the same amout of pins (9), in the same cluster ..but the plugs head takes flat type pins, and the one in the van now takes round ???? I was going to splice the plug off the 1998 to the 1999 wiring.. Will this work ?? if it wasn't for the pin shapes.. the plug would work.. , I could probably force it but don't wanna bend a pin either.. I mean if you seen the plug at a quick glance you'd think they were the same..Any help would be great.. I was told to just splice it but figure I'd ask a Dodge guy on the NG thanx again..
Reply to
Chevrolet