1998 truck won't start....?

OK, it's a 98 Dakota sport 4x4 standard trany. it sat for 2 years (in a moderatley cold climate, St.Johns newfoundland canada).
It was sitting on an incline(?) , It's rear lower than the front.
So i put a battery in it and low and behold it started!
I let it run for an 1/2 hour or so then turned it off (it didn't run out of gas).
I went back about a week later and it wouldn't start.
I put in 5 gallons of gas in the tank and it still would not start.(It ran the good battery dead).
I poured a few (maybe to many?) cc's of gas down the carb (throttle body injection).
And never even got a hint of the fuel being ignited with the good battery fully charged (no spark?).
so, is the fuel pump to close to the front of the gas tank to suck up the gas?
did i flood the carb?
I plan on putting another 10 gallons of gas in it tomorow.
I guess if it doesn't start then i'll have to pay to get a code reading done.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
BA student wrote:

one thing i'm not sure about is if it was fuel injected....throttle body injected.....or normaly aspirated (sorry about that).