1999 Dodge Ram 4x2 Seatbelt Light Staying On

Today when I cranked my truck, the seat belt light came on (I was buckled up). Further checking, I found that the light goes out the way it's supposed to whn you start it, and then several seconds later comes back on and stays on, the chimes never come on. I haven't done anything to the truck recently that would cause this to happen (changed the oil, and rotated the tires is about it). Anyone have any idea why this would start to happen? Worse case, I guess I can go behind the dash and disable it, but I'd really prefer to fix it correctly.

Thanks,

Dave Young

Reply to
Dave Young

I took a short trip just now and I don't think my seatbelt chimes work anymore (my headlight and key chime still works). Is there a separate chime for the seatbelt? I'm wondering if the chime is defective and the computer recognizes it and turns the seatbelt light on....

DaveI

Dave Young wrote:

Reply to
Dave Young

There is a box under the center seat that controls the seatbelts. Make sure it is plugged into both seats. I pulled that box out and found that the seatbelts dont extend unless it is plugged in. While the box was unplugged the light stayed on.

Reply to
RM v2.0