1999 Dodge Ram Remote Part Number

Could someone tell me the part number for the OEM remote door opener (etc) for a 1999 Dodge Ram pickup (4x2, quad cab)? I need the one that will activate the alarm system, open/close the door locks, and has the
panic button. I've lost mine. I can call the dealer tomorrow (closed today), but I'd like to order one off E-bay today, if possible.
Thanks,
Dave Young
Dave Young wrote:

The part number on my '99's fob is 56045497AB. If you don't have a working transmitter you have to take it to a dealer to get it programmed. See http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2002/08-007-02.htm
--
Ken

Thanks Nosey...
Yeah....I lost my keys mowing our yard last week (we have a large yard) with LOTS of trees (i.e. leaves). My kids and I searched the property several times, and even used a metal detector with no luck. But I figured the prices on E-bay would be much better than Dodge, and I don't mind a used remote.
Does your truck have the OEM burglar alarm installed (I just want to make sure...)?
Dave
Nosey wrote:

I don't have the factory alarm but it should be the same fob. Look what I found: http://stores.channeladvisor.com/ubid2winit-keyless-remotes/Items/c16
--
Ken

That looks just like it. Looking at Ebay I found the the same fob with the same numbers, but with the suffix's of AA, AB, and AC.
Darned confusing.
Thank you very much!!!!!
Dave
Nosey wrote:

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:57:40 +0000, Dave Young wrote:

most of the time the AA AB AC AD doesnt really mean much, most likely AA was superseded by AB for some reason, the AB by AC, and AC by AD....they all should work.
not saying that true for ALL of crystler's part numbers but in my experience its true most of the time.
--
Chris

Excellent! Thanks Chris! And of course, thanks again Nosey!
Dave
Christopher Thompson wrote:

"Dave Young" <> wrote in message

Dave, I bought a fob for my Dakota on ebay last year, it came with instructions on how to program it and I didn't have to take it to a dealer. I can't remember all the steps but the site Chris pointed you toward says they will email instructions. HTH, Tom
Hi Tom
Thank you for taking the time to write. All the sources I've found (including my owners manual) says you can program the fob yourself IF you have an operational remote. I bought my truck used with 6000 miles back in December 1999 and it came with only one remote. And I lost it mowing my yard.... Stupid me... I've ordered a new (actually used) remote off of E-bay and it also states in their ad that you can program it yourself....again IF you have an operational remote. I figure I'll save about 50% by doing it this way....I'll still have to have Dodge program it though....
Thank you again!
Dave