1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 3.9L won't start Followup THANK YOU

Here is the original post and my findings will be below that...

Hi, I have a 1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 3.9L that won't start. The engine turns but nothing happens. I have had the starter and alternator checked and they are ok. I have replaced the plugs, rotor and distributor cap but still didn't help. I checked the fuses and all are good. I sprayed ether into the carb and it did not help either. I have spark going to the plugs so that isn't it. Does anyone have any ideas that I might try?

Thanks!

I fianlly got the van started today. During my work on it yesterday I discovered that this van has (2) Oxygen Sensors and one of them is bad so when I got home today from work I unplugged the bad one and after a few tries it started and was rough sounding but it held good. I will be able to drive it again after I change the oil and filter because it all leaked out due to a loose seal that happened when I had it all torn down.

I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who tried to help and now our mystery is solved. This was a tough one as I had never heard of a vehicle having two oxygen sensors before.

I hope this helps others that may be baffled about their own dodge ram vans. Worth a check.

Again Thanks! Dale

Reply to
Dale

replaced the

and all are good. I

the plugs so that

discovered that this van

work I unplugged

held good. I will be

out due to a

mystery is solved.

Worth a check.

Two, Most newer vehicles have 3 or 4. One for each bank of cylinders in front of the cat/con. Another behind the cat/con to measure if it is working. Some have even more depending on what else they monitor.

Reply to
Steve W.

but nothing

have replaced the