1999 Ram 1500...lots of problems!!

That sounds like Bush talking about the war.

There were 14 Dodges racing the cup last year and only one made the top ten, 4 total in top 20. So much for cup commitment.

Toyota will do well due to the COT running some of the races which puts them on even ground with the other manufacturers.

And then there's the United Auto Workers Union ....................

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

and here I was begiining to think there was hope for you after all......

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

The other he was off about how wonderful studds were.

Barrett?

Or a happy man

Roy

Reply to
Roy

That was those heated seats making you all warm and fuzzy inside.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I've read of many quality surveys over the past few years and they all seem to echo what you say.

US car quality has made huge strides forward compared to the bad old days of the 80's when US manufactured autos seemed to bottom out.

However, US makes still lag a bit behind the Japanese (Toyota is the generally acknowledged king of quality), but the gap is apparently closing.

European makes are much farther down in quality from the close US and Japanese makes.

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

It takes time to build a reputation and it also takes time to lose one.

Detroit lost the perceived edge in quality and design in the

80's and has never gotten it back. US manufacturers don't look far enough ahead, sticking to tried and true and ignoring the future. Hybrids are a good example.

Remember the first Hondas and Toyotas in the US in the later

60's? They were jokes! I remember lots of automotive types mocking those vehicles, and they were junk! But they kept at it, and especially concentrated on quality. You ended up with Japanese makes known for inexpensive price and high quality.

Japanese cars aren't any cheaper today than US cars, but the reputation they made (and the reputation Detroit lost) is still with us.

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

In my 2003, those things ARE on the same circuit, so it may just be a fuse. On my truck, if you're standing in front with the cover off the fuse box, it's the fourth one from the right (driver's side) on the front row.

If this fuse blows, the ABS stops working, the speedo stops working, and the warning lights you mention all come on. Additionally, the A/C condenser fan (under the hood near the radiator) turns on and runs when it's not supposed to be running.

I've heard that some guys who race their trucks pull this fuse to temporarily block the top-speed limiter by disabling the speedo. Could it be your husband did this before he left, and either (1) forgot to replace it, (2) accidentally put it back in one of the empty fuseholder positions, or (3) was in a hurry and didn't push it in all the way?

Martin

Reply to
Martin