2 part question: Dodge 1 ton Dually Diesel clutch problem

Page 2 of 2
wrote in message

Nah, it mouth is too full of the Idiot to do much else. Figure a 3 day weekend at the rest area. He'll be enjoying a smorgasbord of dick.
wrote in message

that,
some
text -

Ya know, you guys seem to have a frightening knowledge of these rest areas :-0

wrote in message

Do you really want to jump into the pool?<G>

the
be
Not
quoted
bitch
areas
Who, me???? You must have me confused with those trouble makers like that like to argue like Tom L, Nosey, Mike, or Denny. <GBMFG>

wrote in message

That's what I thought.<G>
You must have me confused with those trouble makers like that

Doubtful I get ya confused with that pack of jackals.<VBG>

Man, if they are jackals, dare I ask where that puts theguy, Roy and I.
Skippy:

I disagree. "99 Dodge Ram 3500-Leaking Oil From Blow By Vent Valve" shows why anybody ought to be reluctant to offer their ideas in this group.

If not, we never know if there was someone lurking who might have.
--
This explains it ALL!!! He was home schooled and his mommy
made his GES diploma for him out of needle point, to go

Oh, that is great advice. Lets see here, if a question is posted and a life history is not provided, no one should offer any suggestions. What the hell good would the group be if everyone just sat here like you, with a dick in your hand (or mouth)?

punkin:

Sorry you didn't see the knife, punkin. Go get yourself a new dick.
--
This explains it ALL!!! He was home schooled and his mommy
made his GES diploma for him out of needle point, to go

If you are trying to make a Laraina Bobbit reference, you are wasting you time. FIrst, there is no way in hell I would ever let you near me. Second of all, with the known fact that you perform donkey shows down in TJ, we all know that no man would satisfy you.

oh for crying out loud. you little baby. geez. you get your little feelings hurt by that? because someone said something bad on a ng? because someone questioned someone? man beryl, you really do have some serious emotional issues that you need to deal with.

"CROTCH CANNIBAL polesmker@theIDIOTSlap wrote in message

You ought to get a life, your sounding pretty pathetic. But you are pathetic.

miles
get
go
shifter
when
home
of
This is obviously a problem with the clutch but it could be in many places. While it could be the release bearing, it could also be the pilot bearing as it is far more subjected to the crank temp and your symptoms seem to get worse when the engine pulls and gets hot. It could also be a defective disk or pressure plate and either way, the bell housing needs to come off to see what happened. If you are planning mods to increase engine HP, I would at a minimum, replace the disk and pressure plate along with the release and pilot bearings. As someone else also suggested, take a look at the hydralics controlling the clutch but your symptoms do not indicate an obvious failure there.

If you need more HP and torque, then go for it but increasing output power usually does not reduce heat or stress and if the clutch does not have enough holding power to handle your increased HP, it will slip and increase both the heat and stress on the clutch. Many forget to match their clutch to the output power of the engine (especailly after mods) which tends to lead to premature failure.

I don't see any real problem with the trans and once the clutch is repaired, you should be good to go. If you want to kick up the HP, make sure to do the research so that it is done properly and you know what to watch for and are aware of any changes in required maintenance after it is done as these engines can be very expensive to repair or replace.

How do you figure the pilot bearing??

bearing
The pilot bearing rests in a cavity on the end of the crank and supports the front of the transmission input shaft. It is directly affected by the temp of the crank as it is in direct contact with it. If it is starting to jamb and became temperature sensitive, it will try and turn the trans input shaft at the same speed as the crank and apply more force as it warms up. While it may not be able to apply enough force to move the truck, it could have more than enough to cause the trans to spin unloaded (clutch pressed) creating the problems shifting that the OP described.

Been my experience that these are a bushing that the input shaft rides in. When they wear, they wear around the input shaft and creat more room for the shaft. I don't know what type he has but I think that the bearing or bushing were it become so hot as to expand and clamp the input shaft it would break up. I've never seen or heard of that happening. Not to say it hasn't, just never seen it.
Thinking for a second the clutch spins at the same rpm as engine and rides on the same input shaft.