2 piece front axle

i believe my dana 44 has kaboomed. i was wondering what my options would be as far as ugrading here. possibly going to a locking hub? what will fit on a budget?

avatnar wrote:

What vehicle do you have?
--
Ken

whats the budget???
how would we know what's not out of budget if we dont have a clue what the budget would be?
--
-Chris
05 CTD

The type of vehicle is far more important at this stage because the "budget" does not matter when you do not know the application. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

the
i was posing another question so that he could answer both in one post.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

Find a D44 out of a 94 or earlier doge that does not have the disconnect and weld your current axles brakets to it. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
i believe i broke at the actuator fork. the right side shaft is flopping around in the tube, the seal is shot and the joint is looking pretty tore up but intact. was at the end of a 150 mile trip, as i came to my driveway i could hear metal clunking in that corner. had the radio cranked all day so i dont know when it actually gave. after i parked i went under to check it out the entire axle was hotter than my exhaust. all looked good on the last lube job which was about 500 miles ago.