2 piece front axle

i believe my dana 44 has kaboomed. i was wondering what my options would be as far as ugrading here. possibly going to a locking hub? what will fit on a budget?

Reply to
avatnar

What vehicle do you have?

Reply to
Nosey

whats the budget???

how would we know what's not out of budget if we dont have a clue what the budget would be?

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

The type of vehicle is far more important at this stage because the "budget" does not matter when you do not know the application.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan
97 4x4, 5.9 magnum 1/2 ton. i'd like to replace since this appears to be a weak link but i would repair if its cheaper. the thing i'm thinking is if this is a weak spot then i would end up breaking it again and i would like to aviod that. i will probably be driving this truck for awhile. i do a lot of hiway driving, about 60 miles a day. i got the truck with 62000 back in oct. i have 76000 on it now. i would like to keep this under $500.00 but i gotta do what i gotta do i suppose...
Reply to
avatnar

i believe i broke at the actuator fork. the right side shaft is flopping around in the tube, the seal is shot and the joint is looking pretty tore up but intact. was at the end of a 150 mile trip, as i came to my driveway i could hear metal clunking in that corner. had the radio cranked all day so i dont know when it actually gave. after i parked i went under to check it out the entire axle was hotter than my exhaust. all looked good on the last lube job which was about 500 miles ago.

Reply to
avatnar

i was posing another question so that he could answer both in one post.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Find a D44 out of a 94 or earlier doge that does not have the disconnect and weld your current axles brakets to it.

SnoMan