2000 Caravan - Instrument Cluster Failure

HELP!
I recently had a complete primary instrument cluster failure. The speedometer, fuel, temperature, digital odometer and digital shift indicator all stopped working....it does come back
sporadically...usually lasting for a several seconds (enough to glance at the fuel guage!) then goes out again.
Secondary instruments all work including the warning panel above the primary cluster. 'Check Engine Light' is also illuminated....vehicle running fine.....might this indicate the cluster problem??
Fuses look good. I even removed (for about twenty minutes or so) the 'IOD' fuse from the fuse box under the hood....hoping this might clear any computer/communication glitches...unsuccessful.
Any help/experiences appreciated. Thanks! SW

The same thing happened about 4 years ago to my wife's 94 Shadow. I removed the instrument cluster it was one unit. There is a female plastic plug that the cluster plugs into. Two things were happening the heat from the dash had expanded the plug causing a loose connection. The lose connection in turn rubbed through the copper strips that make the connection.
To correct it I bent the connector pins in the female plug down to make better contact, then to repair the copper strip on the male end. I used some metallic copper pc board repair, it is liquid like fingernail polish and brushed it on. The mail ends are nothing more than copper glued on plastic do not solder or it will melt. I have had no problem since.
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply
I have a 2001 2500 ram diesel same problem went on and off for 4 years now I went to dealer to fix..new cluster 700.00 and waiting for the part to come in also trip would rest to 0 every time I shut off engine and lost high beam indicator..will be curious to see if all this comes back when new cluster install.. Ernie