2000 Dakota Check Engine and Transmission Hiccup at Highway speeds

I have a 2000 Dakota 4x4 with the 4.7L V8 Magnum with automatic trans. I ran over a pothole the other day and the Transmission indicator went nutty, outlining all gears instead of just drive.
Also, the check engine light came on and the transmission seemed to hiccup every few seconds giving a slight hesitation. The transmission indicator has since returned to normal and the slight hesitation gone away, however, at highway speeds there is a more pronounced hiccup which feels almost like someone threw a stick in the gears (a quick hesitation and noticeable bump). This tends to occur after I run over a bump in the road, but occasionally will occur randomly every 10 minutes or so. I took it to a repair shop but he was clueless. He said there were two codes from the transmission, but he didn't know what they mean. Also, there was nothing structurally wrong with my truck. I have had similar symptoms before and it turned out to be the speed sensor in the rear diff (even though the speedometer still worked). There is also a code from the A/C compressor. The mechanic said that the compressor was switching on and off due to low freon and the idle was going up and down as the compressor turned on and off. I had the freon filled a while ago, and it didn't work out too well. The guy at Jiffy Lube said the air temperature went up and the compressor started smoking so he removed the freon. Haven't dealt with the A/C in over a year but the code from the A/C is new and could have started when I hit the pothole. Any thoughts?
Here are the codes and what I believe they mean:
T0645- A/C Clutch relay circuit problem T1690- no message received from electronic transmission control module or the Aisin transmission P1739- Slip Solenoid System
00DakOwner wrote:

Sounds like loose / dirty / wet wires and or connectors and or relays.
JAM

Indeed it turned out to be oil from a failed power steering switch (replaced a bit ago) that leaked into the engine wiring and got into the TCM. The dealer tried to clean out the TCM and wiring as best they could, but on my drive from Chicago to Ann Arbor the transmission started acting up again. Should I get the wiring and TCM replaced while I'm in Michigan for the next two weeks, or try and clean it out again myself and hope for the best on my drive home? My truck has been fine since I've been here, but I've only done minimal highway driving (which seems to bring out the worst in my truck lately). My dealer back in Chicago told me that the wiring is on national back- order. Any suggestions?