2000 Dodge 2500 transmission problems

More word games, if the momentary contact switch provides a ground that triggers a control circuit, the control circuit does the "toggling". The momentary contact switches in a magnetic motor starter work the exact same way, they normally work with mechanical circuit controls but the effect is the same; the control circuit stays energized long after the momentary contact is made.

Where does it say in the FSM that the PCM is "adaptive"?

The OD switch makes no change in the initial programming of the PCM, never said it did; another distortion. What the OD switch does is select between programmed parameters.

Reply to
John Kunkel

you know.......

I smoked me a big ole hooter...........

came on, and started reading this thread from the beginning...........

and it struck me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I get you two up on stage, on HBO, during primetime, discussing this same topic..............

there's a goodly damn chance we could git a movie deal !!!!!!!

You guys seen that movie....."Wallace and Grommet"?? Animated movie. Good. Funny. Stupid. lol

Now, don't get me wrong, this is a serious topic for sure, but......... It's gotten damn amusing.

lmao

~:~ marsh ~pours kunkle and max a drink..........kunkle and max....now that has a ring to it.......or.....max and kunkle??.....~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Sorry John, we've been over this. Its not proof, and I'm not going to accept it simply because you supplied a link to it again.

Except my truick, and the parallel systems as described by the FSM, aftermarket manufacturers, and some experts that Marsh says seem to agree with me. I've asked him to provide more info, but as yet, he has not.

Sorry, you are incorrect. Please read all that I posted as proof that the systems are free to function outside what seems to be your limited understanding of them.

I posted that information. You, the self proclaimed hydraulics expert on these transmissions should KNOW that the trans can engage CCLU in second gear, as THAT is what feeds the circuits to engage LU. The FSM says so, and so do the aftermarket guys.

Sorry John, I refer you to previously posted info which you seem to want to disregard.

Ah yes, the "I don't have facts, I'll use personal attack and insult to try and distract from the facts of my opponent" method. Nice try.

Correct, but YOU keep saying it supplies a ground for use by the PCM. I keep reminding you its merely an input that gives the PCM a parameter chosen by the operator. No distortion John, simply statement of fact, and now you seem to agree, which is no real surprise.

Sorry John, but its not clear, and I posed that problem to you over a week ago. I have further shown why its not clear by posting more information. If you choose to disregard it, thats fine. But by disregarding facts as presented by the FSM, you show the fallability of your position.

As you and I stated above, the OD on/off switch is not a manual switch, but a configuration of the PCM parameters.

Wrong. I quoted the text that proves that the TCC is fed by second gear, and thus COULD be activated in second gear if the programming in the PCM called for it.

I did supply same, you have chosen to disregard it.

Again, false.

Only in your mind, since that one sentence needs to fill such huge void in understanding.

Again, false. The PCM can be programmed for EITHER way to be the default. Proof is in the fact that the OD switch is a momentary ground.

Again, false. You claimed it supplied a ground for the PCM when locking out OD, it does not.

False. You have claimed that the PCM will not lock up the CC in 3rd gear with OD on. Now you are saying you NEVER said the PCM couldn't be programmed any way the programmers desired. YOu have just contradicted yourself, so which will it be?

That depends on your mindset, not mine. I'm the one who has claimed all along that the trans is hydraulically capable of doing what I claim, and that the PCM could be configured to do what I know my truck does. You have disputed this, until now, where you now say the PCM could be programmed to do what ever the engineers want.

Nope, go look at the book and shut the oral cavity for enough time to actually understand how the two controls are parallel, and you might actually get it.

Sadly, the other references I posted are not only in the same book, but obviously the engineers figured they were needed, and thus were included in the same book. If your normal explanation of such in depth description were correct, the references I noted would not be needed.

Again, just because you disregard the rest of the FSM doesn't mean it isn't there.

What he said he found points directly to what I referenced. If you can't handle that fact, and havew some problem with it, I suggest you sell your FSM on ebay and at least have beer money for when you come to a confusing part.

I have cited the parts that deal with what they claim in the FSM are adaptive design. You'll have to get Marsh to cite what he found, since I've asked, and he is still looking at it, but has not posted it.

Reply to
Max Dodge

2000 FSM page 21-351, section "OPERATION", first paragraph: "The PCM is a preprogrammed, triple microprocessor digital computer. It regulates ignition timing, air-fuel ratio, emission control devices, charging system, certain transmission features, speed control, air conditioning compressor clutch engagement and idel speed." (next sentence is important)

"The PCM can >>>adapt>adapt

Reply to
Max Dodge

Reply to
John Kunkel

That line was in the sections I quoted three days ago. That you missed it is not my fault. I needed no help in finding the stuff, I've read the trans section more than few times, and certainly well before this discussion.

Your claim that I produced nothing till two weeks in is your typical attempt to divert attention from the fact that you obviously haven't read as much about these transmissions as you would like to think. When I said it was capable of CCLU "two weeks" ago, I assumed that you were capable of reading the manual and finding the information on your own. That I had to spoon feed it to you, and that you were only convinced after MM produced a patent for the system and I all but rammed the FSM down your throat speaks volumes about your ability to learn.

Next time read the FSM instead of claiming you know it all.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Yea, you've read it so well that you hung your initial arguments on everything in the book except the "adaptive" feature, MM had to lead you down that path. And don't try the old "I knew it all along" bullshit. You've tactics are all too obvious.

Bullshit, if you had the info two weeks ago why did you initially hang your argument solely on a short paragraph describing sensor input and then hammer on the semantics surrounding the control switch input, etc? Why didn't you play the "adaptive" card back then? Because you didn't know.

You spoon fed me nothing, I'm fully aware of adaptive technology as it relates to the transaxle cars, I've disconnected a few batteries to make the transmission relearn.

Before you gloat in your perceived victory, be aware that all you have collectively proved is that the PCM "controls certain transmission features" (we already knew that), and that "the PCM can adapt its programming to meet changing operating conditions." The last sentence is obscure enough as to leave doubt as to exactly which transmission functions it adapts its programming for.

A few posts back you were insisting on exact wording and now you're satisfied that you've proven your point by citing obscure quotes from the FSM, there is no direct quote as to which transmission features it adapts its programming to. You have not offered any EXACT proof that you continually insist that others must provide. There is enough reasonable doubt as to leave the debate open ended.

You claim that you've been reading the FSM for many years and have total understanding of it, yet you come up with bizarre shit like your "reset theory", your "feedback theory", your "bleeddown theory", etc. all of which are a product of your vivid imagination. It took someone else to lead you to the evidence that was right under your nose and you chide me for not seeing it.

Bullshit, your stock and trade.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Jerry Springer would be more appropriate.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Considering Springer always has an egotistical know-it-all who gets his ass handed to him by the guy who simply produces facts, yeah, Springer would be better for you.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Let's see, your "reset theory" proved me wrong; not.

Your "feedback theory" proved me wrong; not.

Your "bleed down theory" proved me wrong; not.

All of those were derived from "reading the book". Past history proves, beyond a doubt, that what you interpret in the book is sometimes far from fact.

And now your "adaptive theory" proves me wrong; not.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Never watched it, only know the show by its reputation. Considering that the audience seems to consist mostly of trailer trash, and you watch it..................

Reply to
John Kunkel

Yet another attempt by you to divert attention from you being wrong and having been proven so by the FSM.

Done here too.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Except for the fact that YOU had to ask where it was mentioned and wouldn't believe it until it was pointed out. Now, you are denying it yet again.

I think we can safely say that YOU don't like being proven wrong, and will lie to avoid admitting it.

Done here.

Reply to
Max Dodge

In Maxworld, repeating the same old "proven" mantra makes it so but in the real world proof is a little harder to come by.

Reply to
John Kunkel

======= ======= . I've been off the net for 3 days...... good to see no-ones said Uncle yet. .

Keep it up guys, I'm seeing dollar signs. . There's almost enough for a mini-series.......... . and maybe even syndication!!! .

. ~:~ MM ~sips his mushroom tea......wonders if aaron spelling would be interested in talking....~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster