2000 Dodge 2500 transmission problems

Page 3 of 3

2000 FSM page 21-351, section "OPERATION", first paragraph: "The PCM is a preprogrammed, triple microprocessor digital computer. It regulates ignition timing, air-fuel ratio, emission control devices, charging system, certain transmission features, speed control, air conditioning compressor clutch engagement and idel speed." (next sentence is important)
"The PCM can >>>adapt<<< its programming to meet changing operating conditions."
2000 FSM page 21 352, section "PCM DIESEL" sub section "OPERATION", THird paragraph:
"The PCM can >>>adapt<<< its programming to meet changing operating conditions."
You wanted clear, there it is.

Terrific, but can you say for sure what those parameters are? The FSM is contradictory about it, obviously because the PCM is allowed to "ADAPT" to driving conditions.
Try reading more than one paragraph.
--
Max

OK, you finally produced (with help) evidence that could support your version so I'll acquiesce, but don't go pounding your chest. MM gets the credit, and your failure to produce any convincing proof until two weeks into the debate proves that your previous offerings were merely your typical bullshit.

That line was in the sections I quoted three days ago. That you missed it is not my fault. I needed no help in finding the stuff, I've read the trans section more than few times, and certainly well before this discussion.
Your claim that I produced nothing till two weeks in is your typical attempt to divert attention from the fact that you obviously haven't read as much about these transmissions as you would like to think. When I said it was capable of CCLU "two weeks" ago, I assumed that you were capable of reading the manual and finding the information on your own. That I had to spoon feed it to you, and that you were only convinced after MM produced a patent for the system and I all but rammed the FSM down your throat speaks volumes about your ability to learn.
Next time read the FSM instead of claiming you know it all.
--
Max

Yea, you've read it so well that you hung your initial arguments on everything in the book except the "adaptive" feature, MM had to lead you down that path. And don't try the old "I knew it all along" bullshit. You've tactics are all too obvious.

Bullshit, if you had the info two weeks ago why did you initially hang your argument solely on a short paragraph describing sensor input and then hammer on the semantics surrounding the control switch input, etc? Why didn't you play the "adaptive" card back then? Because you didn't know.

You spoon fed me nothing, I'm fully aware of adaptive technology as it relates to the transaxle cars, I've disconnected a few batteries to make the transmission relearn.
Before you gloat in your perceived victory, be aware that all you have collectively proved is that the PCM "controls certain transmission features" (we already knew that), and that "the PCM can adapt its programming to meet changing operating conditions." The last sentence is obscure enough as to leave doubt as to exactly which transmission functions it adapts its programming for.
A few posts back you were insisting on exact wording and now you're satisfied that you've proven your point by citing obscure quotes from the FSM, there is no direct quote as to which transmission features it adapts its programming to. You have not offered any EXACT proof that you continually insist that others must provide. There is enough reasonable doubt as to leave the debate open ended.

You claim that you've been reading the FSM for many years and have total understanding of it, yet you come up with bizarre shit like your "reset theory", your "feedback theory", your "bleeddown theory", etc. all of which are a product of your vivid imagination. It took someone else to lead you to the evidence that was right under your nose and you chide me for not seeing it.
Bullshit, your stock and trade.

Let's see, your "reset theory" proved me wrong; not.
Your "feedback theory" proved me wrong; not.
Your "bleed down theory" proved me wrong; not.
All of those were derived from "reading the book". Past history proves, beyond a doubt, that what you interpret in the book is sometimes far from fact.
And now your "adaptive theory" proves me wrong; not.

Except for the fact that YOU had to ask where it was mentioned and wouldn't believe it until it was pointed out. Now, you are denying it yet again.
I think we can safely say that YOU don't like being proven wrong, and will lie to avoid admitting it.
Done here.
--
Max

Thats incorrect, as my 2000 ALWAYS locks in third before the shift to OD.

It could be tested by driving the truck and observing closely as well.
--
Max

Does sound like rebuild. Hope you have 2Gs to spare, unless you can climb underneath and pull it out to help save a lot of labor cost.
I hear the TC from DTT Diesel Performancehelps a lot, but it's another grand for that. I got one on my truck and a massive trans cooler that is under the truck with a big fan that has a thermostat on it. Heat kills the auto trans. Mine never goes above 200 degrees even in stop n go traffic.
Quoted from DTT:
DTT PRODUCT BENEFITS:
a.. 30-40% more power transfer b.. 100 less heat c.. 1-2 Mpg fuel economy improvement d.. Unsurpassed torque multiplication and fluid coupling e.. Increased transmission life
***
Check your brake switch for wear before you do all that! If the brake switch comes on , it is telling the computer that you have applied the brake pedal and will unlock the converter causing the symptom you have described. Lorne

Excellent advice. This may or may not be a trouble code, depending on if its a complete failure or an intermittant fault.
--
Max

its
would that not also cause the cruise to intermit or inop?
--
-Chris
05 CTD

yup, from what I've seen and been told, it could very well.
--
Max

Boy, they must love seeing you pull in. TPS gone, give him a $2k transmission.
Before dirtclod get's carried away with a major repair, he might want to check for codes, the tps, the brakelight switch.
Roy
============Roy wrote:

============ what he said ditto
~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his coffee~ ~:~