2000 Dodge Dakota - help with replacing disk brake pads

I need to change the brake pads on my 2000 Dakota PU. I've got the wheel off, but can't figure out how to remove the calipers in order to get the pads off. Do you need any special tools? Do you need to unbolt the stainless steel pins on the inside of the caliper body, and if so, which way are they threaded? I've done this on older vehicles in the past but they used to simply pop off without major disassembly. Amd I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide to an amatuer mechanic!

Reply to
chexstix

The calipers are held in place with two slide pins, accessed from the back side of the caliper. On a 2000 Dak, I believe they're 7mm allen-head screws. They're normal right-hand threads

Be sure to clean the slides and re-lube them with high-temp brake grease.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Hey Tom, thanks for the tip.... I've never thought of lubing the slides.... ended up having to replace calipers as a result.

Reply to
COH