2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Speedometer / Tranny

Hello All
Does anyone have any insight as to what may have caused the odometer to stop working along with the tranny to start slipping? I haven't had a chance to look under the vehicle yet to see if I can see any
fluid leaking. My wife said she was headed out of town when she noticed the speedometer not working and it seemed like the motor was "Reving" a bit. The fluid looks a little brown but doesn't smell real bad. It does have approx. 105000 miles on, what may be, the original tranny. Could this be an electronic issue? Back in the day I would of guessed a plugged modulator line and/or loose nut on the speedometer cable along with dripping fluid but now I'm stumped!!
Any thoughts would be great! Thank you very much in advance!
CB ~

Chances are it's the output shaft speed sensor located on the front of the trans.
Denny

Hey fur face!! Once again here's yer chance to jump on the wagon!! 8:15 tonight. Supposed to be severe thunderstorms before and at game time. Should be a hell of a game, a mud bowl. Denver beat the Pat's the last two meetings, knocking them out of the playoff's.
Oh, check your email, I'm not sure I used the right addy or are you using both?
Roy

The wagon is purty well squatted down under your girth. I think I'll just stay with the Bengals. Go Broncos!!

I got it. You sure know how to treat my friends... <BG>
Denny

We will see next weekend your Bengals are up.

I think that it is nice that you have a new "best friend" and neighbor.<G>
Roy

You can stop and shoot the shit with him on your scenic route home.
Denny
Well, you were half right! It was the "input" and "output" sensors they said. And they did an update on the computer for the tranny or something as well. All for a mere $306.00. I hope it was worth it. G.D. cars nickel and dime you to death don't they!!! Thanks for the input Denny!
CB ~
PS. Go Steelers!!!