2000 Dodge Van Engine Surging...

My buddy has a 2000 van with the 5.9l V8.....the engine constantly changes rpm up and down.....from startup to driving.... sitting at a light it goes up and down at LEAST a couple hundred rpms.

It had the CEL on for a while...code was an Oxy sensor which we replaced, No more CEL...but we were hoping for no more surging either !!!

Can anybody narrow this down for me ???? Never saw this before :(

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Never_Enough_Tools

check the idle control motor on the throttle body, some times they need cleaning or replacing

Reply to
ron payne