2000 ram 2500

My wife 2000 ram 4x4 with a 360. It will not start in wet weather. She has changed the cam sensor, cap and rotor, the crank position sensor was changed a year ago. I've suggested she try plugs and wires but she claims that they are good. Don't ask how she knows? Any suggestions. She had a scan tool on it and said that told her to change the cam sensor but she doesn't know the specific codes anymore.

Reply to
jeffrey David Miller

Did she have a fuel pressure check done on it?

Reply to
TBone

Yes she did. I'm not sure of the reading but was told it was fine

Reply to
jeffrey David Miller

Then the next step is to put a timing light on it and make sure that it is getting spark and that it is firing properly. You might also want to crank it at night and look for any arcing, especially from the coil wire.

Reply to
TBone

will any timing light work or does it need to be fairly new mine is probably

Reply to
jeffrey David Miller

It really makes no difference how old the timing light is, only that it works. You are not attempting to set the timing here, only looking to see if you are getting a spark and if it is consistent.

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
jeffrey David Miller