2001 Dakota

A month or so ago I noticed a repetitive "clunk-clunk-clunk" coming from my front end when I engage 4-wheeldrive. The frequency of the clunk is directly proportionate to my speed, but only occurs when under
load. Decelerating, coasting, or rolling in neutral does not produce the sound.
I have a 2001 Dakota SLT with the 4.7L and manual 5-spd. I now have almost 120K miles on it. I have been taking the pickup to JiffyLube since I put my first 3K on it, and it has received every service that pops up on their computer since.
Any recommendations or plan of attack for this problem?
HenryTheHammer wrote:

Do you have any money left for repairs, after pay jiffylube for all that unnecessary work?
JAM
Heh, yeah I'm good.
Bill Dunkinfield wrote:

That's profound. Thank you.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
HenryTheHammer wrote:

My first suggestion would the front drive shaft.
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod

Have you driveshaft checked by a competent shop.

You should know that Jiffy Lube is one of the worse about charging for what isn't done and recommending parts that aren't needed. Don't be too sure that your truck was serviced properly by them. Find a reputable service center to take your truck to. Google4 Jiffy Lube and fraud.