2001 Dakota Transmission Questions

I have had a 2001 Dodge Dakota 4.7 v8 for a year....

Noticing trouble shifting into 3rd gear sometimes must take foot off gas to make the gear change. Overall feeling that slippage is occuring.

When starting the truck I have noticed the engine will idle high then low then high again for a while....

I noticed a creaking sound when changing from Park to Drive or Drive to reverse. I took it to a shop and they said that the creak was a normal sound from this type of truck and that I needed plugs for the Engine rev problem...

Advice would be great. Thanks!

just FYI

I recently bought and installed a new resistor for the AC blower motor.

Reply to
chip.bowen