2001 Dodge Dakota Blower Motor

Recently the blower motor for my A/C went out. When I turn the A/C switch on, I hear it kick on but nothing is blowing from the vents. I'm assuming this means that my heater and defroster will not work either. I plan to check the blower motor and blower motor resistor but am not sure where these are located. Can anyone provide a diagram for me or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Reply to
kluter

Suddenly, without warning, kluter exclaimed (13-Sep-05 6:02 PM):

Welcome to the club!

Most likely it's the blower motor resistor; quite a common problem with our 2001 daks, apparently. I've been through two, so far. Do a google on this group for "blower motor resistor" and you'll get plenty of info. It looks pretty easy to replace, it's located just under the dash on the passenger side, just to the left. It looks like you'll have to remove the ductwork though, to get at it easily (awkward location).

Someone here did provide me a diagram, but I can't seem to find it now.

Also, there's some discussion that it's actually the blower motor drawing too much current that's blowing the resistor, so if it happens to my truck again (and I can still get the part) I'll probably replace the motor as well as the resistor.

jmc

Reply to
jmc