2001 Dodge Ram - collapsing dashboards

news-press.com http://snipurl.com/1j409
ORLANDO Several owners of 2001 Dodge Rams http://snipurl.com/beware_of_Rams are reporting that the dashboards on
their vehicles are mysteriously collapsing or cracking, possibly putting their lives in danger, according to an investigation by WKMG Local 6 News.
Local 6 showed video from the inside three 2001 Dodge Rams belonging to Central Floridians. Two of the vehicles had cracks and the third had a large hole on the dashboard.
"The (dashboard) is practically sunk," Local 6's Steven Cooper said about one of the vehicle's dashboards. "Think of this as a sinkhole on your dashboard."
Billi Hilt was the first viewer to report the cracks to Local 6 News. Hilt said she called Local 6 after she called someone at Dodge. "He told me it wasn't a recall item so there was absolutely nothing they would do about it," Hilt said.
Another Dodge Ram owner in Central Florida, Suzanne Hudson, said she got the same response. "I had gone to the Dodge where I had purchased the truck and had showed that to them and they said they were aware there has been problems like that in the past but (it is) not a recall problem so they would pay for half of it," Hudson said. Hudson said once her dashboard caved in, she started having electrical problems. She said a mirror and front speaker no longer work inside the vehicle. Hudson said the wiring was either clipped when the dashboard collapsed or started melting when the hole left wiring exposed to the harsh sun. Hudson also said she was traveling down a road at night and tried to turn on her bright lights when her Ram's lights instead shut completely off.
Dodge Ram owner Scott Whitney said he is convinced the apparent dashboard problem is unique to Dodge. "You don't see Chevrolets running around with cracks or Fords running around with their dashboards caving in," Whitney said...
Customers are urged to call (800) 992-1997 to report any concerns.
On May 2, 1:21 pm, George Orwell <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-

It's a good thing "Local 6" found a competent engineer in Ms. Hudson, otherwise they'd never make the correlation. She better fix that [admittedly cheap-ass plastic] dash before she blows out a tire or cuts a fart.
What total news agency shit. <flush>
Jon wrote:

Maybe they ought to look at the splits in the dash of the 300M's over the passenger side airbags. Dash must be made by the same supplier. No help from DC on that problem either from what I understand.