2001 Dodge Ram Sport "RUST"

Hello, I was washing my truck today and I noticed rust bubbles on the bottom of the drivers side door. Looking closer at the door from the inside. I see were
the skin and frame are crimper its loaded with rust. The passenger side door shows the same signs but not as bad. The truck is silver and you can see the rust stains really well. What is DC's rust warranty? Do I have any chance of them fixing this problem? I have 8 year / 80,000 mile coverage. But after looking real good at it. It doesn't cover body and paint......... Figures
TIA, Ken
They do have a rust thru warranty and I would get it to the dealership and find out what is covered.
"?" < snipped-for-privacy@home.com> wrote in message
I was told by the dealer when my wife bought her Liberty that rust through means rust though not surface rust.

Well I went to the dealer loaded for bear. Bunny rabbit would have been better. The dealers body shop said.... "There's no sense in fixing them..... We'll just replace both doors" Next Monday it goes in for a week. Wow, lost sleep over nothing! The drivers door is the worst..... It will leave crumbs in your hand. How many people look under their doors? I will form now on. I think its from the water the front wheels kick up on the seem. After I get it back I'm going to RTV the seems and put on mud flaps to be safe.
Way to go DC!
Ken

Yea, that sounds like rust thru to me. Glad that it worked out for you.

"?" < snipped-for-privacy@home.com> wrote in message
Hey...aren't they using galvanized door skins on the Rams now?
Just curious...I know they do on all their cars.
Fred

Sure doesn't look like it! Maybe the replacements will be......... I hope.