2001 Ram 1500 Tcking Sound

I have a 2001 RAM 1500 SLT that makes a ticking sound when I first start it up. The problem goes away after a few seconds. It has fresh oil, and is
topped off properly. Does anyone know why this happens?
Thank you
Jim Rojas

it's because of a design flaw...and it's piston slap.
Do you think if I went to a full synthetic oil, it would make it a bit less noisy?
Jim Rojas

Some claim it works on the Chevys but it didn't make a difference with mine. You might also want to use an oil filter that has a check valve that keeps the oil filter full of oil when you shut it down...that gives quicker operating pressure on startup.
I'll try a different oil filter. Any particular brand filter? I have found that most retail auto parts stores are staffed with young people that have no idea what they sell. And th packaging seldom states that it has a check valve.
Jim Rojas

check for broken studs around the exhaust manifold. my dak 99 does this until it warms up. you maybe hearing exhaust leaking until the metal expands enough to seal the hole. it is common on the daks.